Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thats ok then David, i realise i have touched a raw nerve though and don't think ill be going there again! Yes i will advertise on here first i tink, but yes it is as mint as i say it is i promise. I can't fault him at all, i have had a bit of trouble with a smell of fuel lately although that has now been fixed, it was a leaking fuel line. I have also just put a new clutch cable/pedal on him to. I do love him to pieces but myself and my partner are planning to have a family soon and may have to go down to one car so you may see it on here quicker than i had hoped! Thanks for the discussion guys and i now feel even better for owning such a nice car!

J o n
    lol, TVL1, we are not having a dig bud, just genuinely concerned for your wallet and where the car goes. someone that picks up a Willy for £2200 will drive it like a £2200 car in my experience... if your really going to sell it for that let me know, I'll consider taking it off you as I've always wanted a mint Willy 1.

Think we're just saying be careful is all,didn't mean to sound harsh or owt, was just offering my usual frank opinion which does make me come accross as a twat sometimes when you dont know me... my fault tho, not yours! appologies

Jesus agree with you but if you say Evo & Scoobys as a whole then yes but the way i read it sounded like you came across as even the new ones and top spec old ones arn't a challange

Believe me when i say i love Williams i do ever since my accicedent in one every day i walk past my bedroom door and see the plaque staring right back at me then grap my cars keys to a nail of Vulver(which i have just blown up in the last couple of weeks) and it hurts

Cant wait till next month to get myself another !!!
    going to strip vulver put willy track on it mod engine to 180bhpish then i can join you round the uk tracks nailing shitty WRX's

No hard feeelings
    David

Ok guys thanks for the apologies, thats ok i just thought you where all ganging up on me a wee bit, me being a girl and all that! lol!! I will now go and rethink my price a bit i think! sorry jesus, i maybe won't be selling it at 2200! I am actually genuinly surprised that my little babe will fetch that amount of cash, although when i think about it really, i shouldn't be surprised as like i say he really is fab! It sounds daft but i have named him...the reg is L** EKK so he is named...little ekk, sad i know! That proves to you all just how much i love it!

J o n
    well with the 2 live tuning 'box' I think on the move 280bhp Classic Scoobs and Evo's would be fair game... afterall, 2 live was pulling on an Evo of some sort on the Oulton Park day and we are almost identical spec.

Forum User
    Thought you were a Girl....when you said you were having a "Blonde moment". Good luck with Little EKK

The prices in France for William's are generally higher than the UK..30% more is not untypical....however they go from 3,000 euros to 12,000 euros or £2000 to £8000.....owners here are very "Bullish" about the price that they expect for their Cars, although the condition and mileage of the car often bears no relation to the price being asked....Dreamers

I also should add that a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, here people will wait months and months to sell, where as in the UK patience gives way to desperation!....at the moment it appears to be a buyers Market. Jesus having driven a Williams and seen some of the Vids etc...I totally agree that for the Money nothing beats them!

Thanks Nickfr, yes i am a girl! And thanks for the good luck vote...can i ask one more question, when you all say 'minted', what do you class as being minted/good condition for a willy 1? Just out of curiosity?!

Forum User
    Good condition of bodywork, no dents, rust around arches. Inside very clean no tears in seats, original spec. Wheels in good condtion. Full service history.....blah blah.....