Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    And it's bloody tiny, even compared to a 205!

I think the very earliest 205s were 890kg. The latest 1.9s with leccy windows, sunroof, leather, etc were 915kg.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    And it's bloody tiny, even compared to a 205!

I think the very earliest 205s were 890kg. The latest 1.9s with leccy windows, sunroof, leather, etc were 915kg.
    Them leather seats were shite and all, they fell apart if you farted on em a bit too hard.

Haha! Yeah, they were all shite - the bolster of my 1.6 seat collapsed after I brushed my arse past it whilst getting in one time.

ive had 4 205s :D

inc 1 rallye and 1 gti, handling is sooo much better than the mk2 clio

J o n
    not saying much, Mk2 Clio handle shite in comparison to a Mk1 imo. Less body roll, but just dont inspire confidence and understeer a fair bit... Willy was nice and neutral and could be oversteered and controlled with relative ease

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Haha! Yeah, they were all shite - the bolster of my 1.6 seat collapsed after I brushed my arse past it whilst getting in one time.
    Funny that mine did the same!!, thinking on it was probably my fat ass pushing the sides out, lol

Forum User
    2 of my mates have 205 mi16's, both on carbs, one has longman head/cams/pulleys etc( 200bhp approx ), and in a straight line it would WASTE my williams, the other has just carbs, and this one has the same performance as my williams, as for handling only really had one go against the lesser powered one, followed him round a roundabout and onto a slip road doing around 70mph, and the pug seemed to have the edge, and i was pushing him hard, the advantage he had over me was, he can do 70mph in 2nd gear, where obviously the williams needs a gear change, so he just planted it and it, and stuck to the ra, where as i needed to change gear, not a good idea through a bend at those speeds

saying that round a track, i believe the williams would be the quicker car, both running same power, i've had 2, 205's a 1.6 and a 1.9, both awesome cars, the mi16 is miles and miles ahead of both for performance.

J o n
    thing is Bill those are modified MI lumps and they still make pathetic power outputs. One on carbs should waste you tbh if they made quoted power as standard... not heard anything impressive about them really, especially when you consider that a Willy weighs a passenger more at least...

They need the 'box from the 1.6. Makes a huuuuge difference

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    thing is Bill those are modified MI lumps and they still make pathetic power outputs. One on carbs should waste you tbh if they made quoted power as standard... not heard anything impressive about them really, especially when you consider that a Willy weighs a passenger more at least...
    yeah, i know what your saying, just putting in my 2pence worth, and just saying there not all slow, get a good one and it will blow your socks off

once i get the cams fitted and a remap, i'll have a go against the quicker one and see how it compares then