Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like everyone else, I'd say they'd be about equal until just over 100 and then the 6 would pull away slowly. I've had a completely standard one of each

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    Like everyone else, I'd say they'd be about equal until just over 100 and then the 6 would pull away slowly. I've had a completely standard one of each
    weird, I could pull pretty easily from my mates Rallye in absolutely every gear to the limiter in 5th... by which time I'd be a fair ways ahead... not miles like, but a good distance and that was with just a backbox...

Forum User
    My mate has a gti-6, had a couple of plays against it and was still crawling away at 100, although his isnt the best example.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    weird, I could pull pretty easily from my mates Rallye in absolutely every gear to the limiter in 5th... by which time I'd be a fair ways ahead... not miles like, but a good distance and that was with just a backbox...
    To be fair jon your williams had cams and was very very quick, and your a better driver than bod too.

This was when he just had a back-box on his Williams, according to his post. Everyone will have different experiences, which I guess this proves

Quote Originally Posted by vts_saxo
    My mate has a gti-6, had a couple of plays against it and was still crawling away at 100, although his isnt the best example.
    Good point. My 106 GTI used to beat it.

Andrew

J o n
    this was with just a backbox though and valver geabox

... and yeah Bod aint the best, knows how to rag it in a straight line but **** me, wouldn't like to be in the passenger seat going down some country lanes! lol

Forum User
    This was when he just had a back-box on his Williams, according to his post. Everyone will have different experiences, which I guess this proves
    Actually he might be right there thinking on (just backbox)

I apologise for my mis-information the cams came quite late on in jons williams' ownership.

He is a better driver than bod though, that much is certain.

J o n
    yeah backbox and diesel box it came with, box died almost immediately so it got a nice low mile valver one from 2 live... thankfully unused by him!

Cams came about a year and a half later or there abouts. Against Bod it's only had backbox and K&N open IK (not good!), plus the valver box. I was lucky in a way with the Willy as the original engine was fast as **** considering it was stock, the Megane BE was a belter too, but it was only 22k or 24k when I got it lol

well.had a do with a rallye other week on 62....was very very even tbh, me 1 up him 2, both looked about the same kinda trim inside ....buckets etc.

not sure on the spec of the 306 tho..or the engine in mine tbh...lol.