Ive been trying to find a decent road pad for my Wilwood Superlites as i want to be able to stop well with cold brakes.

In my standard calipers i have the mitex 1144 pads and have found these to be quite good. I seem to remember stan liking these too, and others (swervin mervin?).

Anyway, i phoned rally design to get information on pad choice and they recommended that i use mintexx 1144's in the wilwood calipers. Now i didnt even know these were available for this caliper.

Has anyone else fitted them? I know others also find the wilwood pads difficult to warm up. I will report back as to how this works. They arnt cheap at 90 quid a set, but i thought it was worth a try.

I currently have Poly D's and they are quite badly glazed. I have tried to deglaze them but i think they are too far gone. I get no bite whatsoever from these. This is partly a characteristic of the pedal box i have (brakes can feel slightly 'wooden') and partly age related decline of the pads.

Before anyone starts im not a fan of 4 pots but they came with the car. I will swap between standard calipers and 4 pots depending on what i use the car for. For road and sprints i will use standard calipers as they are good from cold and heat wont be an issue, but i want to get the 4 pots working in case i go to the ring or on track at some point.

So anyway, has anyone fitted the mintex pads to wilwood calipers?