after a nice drive down the a6 to get to "black circles" tyre fitter for 8.30 - my day was eventful.

managed to snap clutch cable at 9.15 right outside victoria hospital. all double yellows, on a downhill slope with traffic lights and nowhere to dump the car.

my mate managed to pick us up and whizz over to his mums for a tow rope.

got back, £70 fine for parking illegally. even though i wasnt on double yellow, we had managed to push it onto a section of tarmac next to the path. labled up with "clutch cable snapped - gone to get a tow rope" - with the date and time stamped on it. (evil traffic warden must have been waiting out of sight as i was only gone 15 minutes).

managed to tow the car 80 yards away from the nearest garage (rope snapped) then a kind bloke helped push the car to resting point outside the garage.

turns out i need a new clutch pedal, and its a renault only part. and its not in stock. and i was due to goto the lakes on thursday evening.

still. the cold air on thursday morning had put a huge smile on my face before the day turned shit. and its just another one of those days with the clio.