Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Cheap williams 2 on autotrader - £950!

Anyone know anything about this car? It's done 171k, but with fsh that wouldn't put me off, my 19 16v had done that mileage before the engine was replaced, and that had only been serviced once between 115k and 175k.

Just wondered if anyone had seen it advertised before? Current owner since 1998 apparantly..... probably a rust bucket i bet!

171k is nothing for a Renault. Could be worth a look.

Forum User
    Just phoned him up, sounds a bit rough body work...... but im going to look in the morning, got first refusal on it! Woohoo

Way i look at it, I could run it for 8 months til the mot & tax runs out, and then if it was bad and needed a lot of work, I could get close to the £950 back for parts (althoiugh i would NEVER break a Williams unless it was the best thing to do!) ...... plus it'd mean i didn't have to drive my poxy boring 172 round for the rest of the year which would be a big bonus

God I NEED another Williams :(

Then, at the end of the year, i'll be debt free, have much more money to play around with, and can look for a truely low mileage minter, just for w/ends :D

Forum User
    Hmm, just phoned him up for a longer chat, its just been serviced yesterday, but hasn't had a cambelt since 75k! Thats nearly 100k ago ffs!! Apparantly he didn't think it was worth doing due to how much it cost.

Its also got a few electrics that dont work inc heater and passanger window..... it's not worked for about 5 years but has never got round to fixing it!

Dont think its quite the car for me, even at that price........

So, if anyone is near Brighton and fancies a cheapie, its all yours........ could make a cheap track car, stripped out and bits sold

Dude, a belt and tensioner change is under £300, a heater matrix can be done on the cheap as well.

Providing it's mostly sound it could still be a steal.

Forum User
    Its just like 170 miles from me. Might see if i can get the guy to send me some photos.

Its just a shame that he's owned it so long (7 years) and never done anything to the car other than engine wise. The fact that he's left things broken for 5 years doesn't fill me with confidence

Oh what to do

J o n
    to be fair the price does reflect the fact it has been neglected imo. my only concern would be driving it down the road and the bottom end goes bang when pushed... i'd love to see what state the pistons and liners are in!

Forum User
    buy it spray it satin black, strip it out and put 1.2 badges on it, just kidding! i still reckon its worth it for parts. But what you said about the neglect would put me off, buy it breakit and put the parts on ebay.

link????
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

grrr

**** !!!just called and he's got someone going at 11am tomorrow morning!

i've got next reserve tho if it dont sell so i'll be straight down to brighton tomorrow if i get that phone call!