few probelms, plus what oil??

ive just bought a 16v, naples red, £650 but as you can imagine its got a few problems

1. oil pressure and temp gauges dont work, any ideas?
    2. bad oil leak under exhaust manifold
    3 very bad torque steer- suspect driveshafts??
    4. Top end a bit rattly when cold

so for the 4th problem, what oil should i put in it?? i dont know whats in it at the moment so what would you all recomend?? also it had a prima racing metal plate on the rocker cover, does this mena it could have had work done by prima??

If you phone Prima up and quote the number on the plaque they should be able to tell you what it's had done, might have just been chipped by then.

Mat.

Forum User
    torque stear could be down to under inflated tyres.

Does it do it under braking too?

What car did you have before you had it, only reason i ask is that if you have had a rwd car or something it might seem like alot compared to that

Oil leak under exhaust manifold? Sounds like a HGF? or one in the making?

well i had the jack in the boot, whent to put it back were it was and all the ecu was hanging out, so i htought it might have been chipped, do all chips raise the rev limiter?

its not directly under the manifold, its just in that sort of area, all over the off side the driveshaft, could the oil pump be leaking?? I had a clio 16v, then a 200sx, now back to a clio 16v, my 1st 16v never torque steered like this, and it does do it under braking also!!

for oil use a 5W-40

dont put Magnatec in it, it makes these engines rattly for some reason

Re: few probelms, plus what oil??

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb1986
    2. bad oil leak under exhaust manifold
    jet wash the oil off and take it 4 a gud run

cud b the head gasket

If it looks like it's below the power steering filler bottle (around right subframe area), it might just be a case of the power steering fluid overflow. Should be less viscous and cleaner than used engine oil.

If there's a driveshaft imbalance, there should be constant vibration when the wheels are rolling. Should feel like terribly imbalanced wheels. I would suspect steering/suspension/tyres first for torque steer problems. Check for harden or broken rubber bits (tyres/bushes), tired shocks or even broken coils.

Forum User
    here is my 10p worth, the oil is leaking from the oil pressure sender, not hard to change but you need to work by touch, this sender is situated on the drivers side just underneath the manifold. get one second hand, new from reno is expensive.