Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Valver gearboxes!

They are wank! I broke mine again last night Not completly though lol. I just cant get 2nd gear at all when moving, it will go in but it feels like its grinding on everycog in there so i cant really use it. On the way home from work earlier i couldnt get 5th at all either for some reason. I tried to push it in but it wouldnt have it at all lol. Then for some reason goin down my road 5th is ok again ****in wank!!

The box has only done about 10k and ive broke it already Best get me wallet out i guess :(

J o n
    hmmm.... I bought my gearbox for next to nowt of 2 live and it had about 30 odd K on it... it's crunching into 2nd, 3rd and 4th and a bit notchy, but **** me it's had some abuse to be fair and on a willy engine... I'm being better lately though, been very mild with changes for a few months

Its pissed me right off though as it was only reconditiond last summer
    Dunno what to do at the moment, think im just gonna drive it til there are no gears left lol. Engine out again after that i guess That will mean ive had the engine out every year i have owned it lol. :(

Unless anyone knows whats up with it? Whats the crack with the circlip everyone goes on about?

J o n
    dunno, but it sounds like a shit rebuild mate, my box has done about 20k+ from me and not had the easiest of lives! i'd go back to them personally, as my 10+ year old one is holding up better, which should certainly not be the case, especially as it has almost 6 times the mileage

Re: Valver gearboxes!

They are wank! I broke mine again last night Not completly though lol. I just cant get 2nd gear at all when moving, it will go in but it feels like its grinding on everycog in there so i cant really use it. On the way home from work earlier i couldnt get 5th at all either for some reason. I tried to push it in but it wouldnt have it at all lol. Then for some reason goin down my road 5th is ok again ****in wank!!

The box has only done about 10k and ive broke it already Best get me wallet out i guess :(
    Is it a Renault refurb or other? I'd get a proper Renault 'box tbh.

Its done by my dads friend who builds boxes for a living. He did it on the side mate. Thing is that i dont want a to buy a renault one for £600 when the car is worth 1k max.

J o n
    Reno box's aint £600 unless you get a Williams one! lol

think valver ones are £300-400 all in!

Boooo. Get in to the spirit of it all and spunk thousands. :P :(

pmsl

How come the willy box is lots more? How much stronger is it?

Forum User
    close ratio i would of thought