Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If anybody is interested in why Craigs ITB clio broke at pod

Pictures say a thousand words, especially my highlighted one.

And my fave.

OUCH thats gona cost a few quid
    might need a few valves !!!

Forum User
    Fook

yea, slight dei ja vous

these things suck, 75% of them have broken on me. This was the last set i ever fitted and ever will do, infact, its the last kent product i will ever use.

Forum User
    Coul it possibly be doown to the botls not having being torqued right orno locking coupound being used.
    Will they be replaced or you going to try for a refund?

complain to kent cams saying there shit and you could get some money towards the new head its worth a try even if you dont get any thing how long you had them or has he had them

Quote Originally Posted by steveos_16valver
    complain to kent cams saying there s**t and you could get some money towards the new head its worth a try even if you dont get any thing how long you had them or has he had them
    Nope.

On these engines, if a bolt starts to come undone, it will hit the cover before it falls out, making a horrible noise, allerting the driver. AND if you look at the pics, all the bolts are not in their threads, and it would be a mighty coencidence for all the bolts to vibrate out at exactly the same time. Look at the material failue, that is where the problem lies. They are make of monkey metal, some crap ally that resembles cast mud/sand.

Shit those pics look even worse than the other few craig showed me!

Shows the crappy manufacturing of them, and they must be made outa some damn soft metal to do that. Like the way the inside has been re-inforced but the outside aint, and has just bent like fook!

Whats the damage ben? 16 bent valves? any piston scoring/damage?

Quote Originally Posted by edde
    Coul it possibly be doown to the botls not having being torqued right orno locking coupound being used.
    Will they be replaced or you going to try for a refund?
    Nope.

On these engines, if a bolt starts to come undone, it will hit the cover before it falls out, making a horrible noise, allerting the driver. AND if you look at the pics, all the bolts are not in their threads, and it would be a mighty coencidence for all the bolts to vibrate out at exactly the same time. Look at the material failue, that is where the problem lies. They are make of monkey metal, some crap ally that resembles cast mud/sand.

Quote Originally Posted by steveos_16valver
    complain to kent cams saying there s**t and you could get some money towards the new head its worth a try even if you dont get any thing how long you had them or has he had them

I wish it would get me somewhere, but i know it wont.

Racing components, not offered with any form of gaurantee. Installed incorrectly etc etc. Shame they just cant make racing bits withstand racing.