Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cams

Banned

Cams

If youve got them, do you declare them? I cant see the point personally in declaring different cams or porting if the car has had previous owners.

I assume you mean insurance wise ? To be honest , with how tight insurance companies are I wouldnt risk it . The actually loading on your policy should be quite minimal . Who are you insured with ?

Banned
    Tesco. But my car is completely standard. Just wondered if anyone would declare them.

I personally cant see an insurance company taking cams out of a car to measure the angles. And then how could they prove that you fitted them even if the did show they were after market cams?

Unfortunately they wouldnt have to prove wether you knew about them or not . If they are on your car its up to owner to know . Now I expect in the case of a normal accident they probably wouldnt be noticed , but if the car was involved in (touch wood) a fatal accident it would be picked apart piece by piece.

Believe me I hate insurance companies , but I simply wouldnt risk not declaring anything . Which may be why we pay just under £5k a year for our insurance .

Banned

5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fookin ell. ohh and tecso dont insure any mods unless you are 25 and over as this is Direct Lines policy, and direct line are Tescos underwritters. i only know as i tried to get insurance on a non-standard willy the other day through direct-line and cos im only 21 they said no to any mods and told me a load of companies who wouldnt too, Tesco was included. if u are over 25 though u should be okay

Its actually gone down slightly , but there are 4 drivers on the policy , with fully comp cover for high performance , imports and competition and modified cars , so its not that bad per person.

Forum User

cams

ks said how would the insures know if u had cams surely the the verniers and cam belt with piper wrote on them would give the game away it dosent take much to take the cambelt cover off !!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Its not against insurance to fit pulleys and change the timing on a car anymore than it is to change the tyre pressure surely?

Banned
    But yeah it might give the game away.

What about porting? Surely that is subjective?