Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 0-100 in 20s!?

0-100 in 20s!?

Just had a look in the back of Evo magazine for Standard Clio Williams performance figures.

It quotes 0-100 time of 20s.......is this a realistic time?

if so why so slow?

Khany

J o n
    nah mate, i'd say that's a way out, iirc that was in the wet, the valver got 21s...

more realistically I'd say 16-18 depending on the car itself, as we know some are freaks... thing is you don't really want a standard one anyway... they love mods ;)

stnd as in totally stnd not de-cat and exhaust I think 19 secs is realistic the 20.8 in evo must have been a tight low mileage car. I have loads of 1/4 miling slips for my car from previous owners..since it was rebuilt and had miles put on it's come down from 14.8 to 14.4 qtr and faster still now with more weight out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    nah mate, i'd say that's a way out, iirc that was in the wet, the valver got 21s...

more realistically I'd say 16-18 depending on the car itself, as we know some are freaks... thing is you don't really want a standard one anyway... they love mods ;)
    16 seconds for a totally standard Williams

There are freaks about, but none are that freakish!

J o n
    the quickest std willy has run 14.6 iirc, not sure on terminal, imagine it would be around 94ish or more

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo

16 seconds for a totally standard Williams

suppose its like when ppl claim 15/16 sec to 100 for a gti-6 lol, doubt it, as std std(t-total std) mine ran about 18/19sec to 100 couldnt tell u now what it is!

the quickest std willy has run 14.6 iirc, not sure on terminal, imagine it would be around 94ish or more
    Whose car is that as far as I know 2lives was the fastest totally stnd williams 15.1 IIRC There is no way a stnd willy will run 14s!!

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    suppose its like when ppl claim 15/16 sec to 100 for a gti-6 lol[/quote]

I never said that

....at least I don't think I would have !

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    Whose car is that as far as I know 2lives was the fastest totally stnd williams 15.1 IIRC There is no way a stnd willy will run 14s!!
    if a standard hybrid can get into the 14's, then so can a willy, same car, only difference seems to be that hybrid engines have usually been rebuilt or are far lower mileage. didn't andy get a 14.9 with no mods anyway?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by richy
    suppose its like when ppl claim 15/16 sec to 100 for a gti-6 lol
    I never said that

....at least I don't think I would have ! [/quote]

Yup, that's right, 167bhp and 1215kg is what Peugeot quote. But with some standard ones getting under 15 second quarter mile times
    sorry thought u said 0-100 but still lol