Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Valver vs Golf VR6???

Was turning left at an island on to the dc when a golf came flying over the island to go up the same dc. I entered just before the golf so i gave it some beans to see if i could keep it behind me. Anyway, 3rd gear he pulled level with me quite easily and he held it there whilst waving at me to go for it lol. I was going for it though, we was doing about a ton by now and i waved back to him as if to say go on then. He then put his foot down and pulled about 5 car lengths to 120 He had a full car too I think it was a Vr6 but im not sure, no Gti would beat a valver that easily if at all. I have no idea if it was stanard either. Driver looked about my age but a bit of a cunt lol

Golf 1
    Valver 0

Forum User
    Lol@pulled level and waving, cockface!!!

Cantve been standard though mate, i reaced a mk3 vr6 when i just got my valver ( still 1.8 ) and it very very slowly got past at a ton and i also had 17's on at the time aswell!!!

It was very fast i know that. Pulled like a train with 4 people in it. think it was mk3 about j reg, that sort of age anyway.

Is mk4 the gti turbo? If so then it was a mk3 lol.

Yeah, it would have been a Mk3 Golf. Perhaps it was a supercharged or turbo'd VR6. Can get 300bhp from one pretty easy that way.

Over 100 I would imagine it would be much quicker tbh m8...thats were they do quite well (where the weight isn`t as much of a issue)

Chris

Yeah, but drawing level at 100, waving, then flooring it and pulling 5 lengths pretty instantly? And four-up? That's no standard VR6.

Yeah i thought that too. Although the guy was quite cocky so maybe he knows he's got some more power under the bonnet. I think from a standing start it probably would of pulled on me. The guy waited next to me, edging forward and back again the hole way through 3rd lol then ****ed off lol.

Just looking round and the vr6 does the 1/4 in 15.4. With a full car though he shouldnt of been able to pull on me through 3rd gear that easily.

J o n
    deffo modified, as I had a do with one over a year ago with Griff and another mate in the car, the VR6 driver just had his bird in and he was already gunning it past when I gave chase. I was ALL over it to 130, backing off constantly... he never moved over or owt, so let him get on with it... that once has to be heavily modified to be able to take the piss so much... especially with a full car

I had a go against one in my sister's standard 106 GTi up to 110 and it was very even. My guess is it's turbo'd. Sounds fookin' quick

Forum User
    South London Drives: Hybrid, 16v + Willy 2
    You can get supercharger conversions for around the 3k mark for em which IIRC takes em to about 210/220bhp and simalar torque. They're no quicker than a valver standard for standard (I was gonna chop the 16v in for one) although a supercharged one would be a different story!