Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Re-assembly of fuel rail and injectors

I'm putting the F7R engine back together and I have a couple of questions about the re-assembly of the fuel rail and injectors.

-The injectors don't seem to be a tight fit into the head. The O rings are all in good condition. Is this a problem? Should I be using some grease around the O rings to seal them? If so, what should I be using?

-The fitting of the fuel supply for the cold start injector doesn't seem to be very tight when I lined up the hole in the nut that secures the supply to the end of the fuel rail. Should I use another small washer on the nut assembly for a tighter fit?

Thanks

James

Forum User
    Thats unusual, its normally a bastard nightmare to get the injectors into the head! A we tate of vaseline or similar on them will help them ease and and they will more than likely seal fine.

The 5th injecotr take off, there shjould be 2 copper washers either side of the union, your probably missing 1.

cheers chris

Forum User
    I thought it was a bit odd as they were quite dificult to get out, but they were covered in crap. I'll use a bit of vaseline on them to seal them.

I put both of the copper washers back onto the cold start feed, but the hole in the bolt won't line up with the feed if I do it up tight. I think I will use another small washer on the bolt and I should be able to do it up tight then.

Did you re-use the o-rings? If so is there anything one should do with them before re-fitting?

Forum User
    O-rings are tricky to get hold of, most places won;t sell them without the rest of the injector.

If they are split or cracked they are no use to anyone.

If you need to remove them or refit them pop them in a cup of just off the boil kettle water as it makes them supple enough to be rolled over the pintle cap.

I'm sure one is leaking slowly so want to take them out and refit them. Funnily enough the ones I think has a slight seepage issue is the one with the busted plug.

Forum User
    get it running then spray wd-40 at them. That will soon tell you if you have a leak.

There's a build up of gunge there at the mo. If I clean it it slowly builds up again. This is right round the base of the injector nr the belt end.

Forum User
    gunge? well gunge will be oil from a leaky camcover gasket I would say.