Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do you heel and toe?

?

If so how do you do it, as I find the brake pedal goes wuite low relative to the loud pedal.

J o n
    was doing sometimes on track... until the pedal went like a sponge, then it was tres difficult (see impossible...)

Were you using the side of your foot or the heel and toe?

There are a few methods of doing this, depending on the size of your feet! I've seen in car footage of pros braking with the ball of their foot and punching the throttle with the heel on down change, so the foot is near horizontal across the pedals ... only really do-able with smaller feet.

Otherwise, brake with the ball of your foot and blip the throttle on down change with the pinky side of your foot, so the foot is more vertical - helps to wear the right footwear aswell

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    Were you using the side of your foot or the heel and toe?
    heel and toe, although not sure which way i prefer it, as sometimes it's comfier to use heel on the brake and toe on the accelerator and sometimes its the other way round... not sure which way is correct tho... 2 live does it even when the brakes are shagged somehow, so it is possible, i'm just not very good at it...

left foot braking I can do however... not that there's much point if any at all though...

well unfortunately i'm blessed wit big feet so its hard for me to do! i have to do it where i'm quick on the blip and gear change to leave me enough time to brake as well! so as you can imagine i'm not too good at it helped me practice a little when my iscv was on its way out and blipping the throttle kept it alive when coming to a stop! :P

I dont do it tbh. Sometimes blip the throttle with my heel when braking before a bend to make the gear change smoother. (When im knocking it down a gear at high revs) Dont know what its called when you do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver
    I dont do it tbh. Sometimes blip the throttle with my heel when braking before a bend to make the gear change smoother. (When im knocking it down a gear at high revs) Dont know what its called when you do that though.
    i dont heel and toe, and i couldnt do that above either, i find i have very little co-ordination in my feet when i try to do that. i find it very uncomfortable try to get my foot onto both pedals. i find that i concentrate more on my feet than what is infront of me so i dont bother.

Just seems to come natuarally to me i think You must have big feet

Well, I'm going to start trying it. Probably only in quiet spots until I get used to it though. Also going to start double de-clutching.

Basically I'mr trying to prolong the life of my 2nd gear synchro for as long as possible.