Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is it possible to fit TBs your self?

has any1 ever done it?....theres alot of talk about fitting your own turbo....what about TBs?

why not? if you get a full kit im sure it would be pretty straight forward, not be as complicated as a turbo conversion surely.
    Think it would just be inlet manifold off, airbox and tb, on goes throttle bodies and then a remap. obviously there will be a little more involved but cant see it being alot

the mechanical side of things isn't really that hard if you're having JUST TB's, but unless you like wiring i would suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing to install the ECU and loom + mapping

if you dont do it yourself though you will never learn, if your confident have a go! how do you think people know how to do these kinda things. they get there hands dirty lol. but if you mess up then be prepared to pay for it doing right :P

Forum User
    when i fitted mehdis gearbox on the tb white beast i was amazed at all the extra wiring.. fuk that..

how much would the parts cost???

extra wiring from wot 2 where gunner? lol

a decent ecu will come with a loom tho, wont be a unplug old loom and plug in new tho... lol

fittin bodies will be pretty easy i reckon.....its not as though they super fragile, or hard to access, or just plain hard to fit, but as fred says, the wiring could b a bit of a problem. but like i say, most ecu manufacturers will make up a loom for a few quid extra.

Forum User
    thres loads of room under the bay with the TBies on!

you can even take the oil filter out without anything getting in the way, and possibly store a small bag where the OE airbox used to go!

omex is a lot of wires, but its basically replaced almost all the OE loom!

the engine wont have 2 cum out will it?

dont suppose u cd supply us with sum pics of ur TBs cd ya craig? :P