Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valver VS 172

Valver VS 172

ok another story for ya, was goin round town in the missus car (she was drivin), and this 172 came right up her arse so she turned into a side road and he followed so she did aload more manovers and he followed!!

anyways when we pulled up at the bank and wound his window down next to my windo and came out with

"WHEN DID U RACE MY CAR"
    and i didnt have a clue what he was on about, and supposedly some of the lads that know my car round melton know that its pretty powerful and have told him to gimme a race but he took the wrong end of the stick ( we never got on in school, i beat him up a few times for slaggin mates off )

so next time i see him and im out in my car im gonna give it a go, who do u rekon will come out top, his is standard!!!!!

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    screw the race, beat the ****er up again! :D

shall i get the mk1 clio lads to go round n av a word!!!!

oh and congrats on the area rep mate!!!!

im not that bothered bout him treatening me but wen he starts F**KIN around with the missus, u just cant stay calm can ya

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    nah jst run the lil dick over.
    i reckon ur car shud beat his standard clio n/probs

get him out of the car n tell him if he goes near the missues again ul rip his head off or something.
    as for a valver vs 172, i raced a 172 with filter and zaust in my hybrid and absolutely annihilated, didnt keep with me half as much as a standard valver does!

so i should stand a pretty good chance then!!!
    i should have the 2.0ltr bottom end soon so should av him anyways!!!!!!

Forum User
    Wouldnt say there slow and wouldve thought even a very good valver would only be even at best!!!

My pal has just bought a mk2 and i managed to stay with him up to 1** without being right on the limiter in every gear.

Also depends weather its a mk1 or 2 172, theres loads of 2's round my way but i know someone who has a mk1 that will pull nicely on all of them.

If he does beat you though and is smarmy about it least you know you could beat him in another way!!!

the one i bet was the latest model of the 172 which is the quicker one over the ph1 172

Forum User
    Is your hybrid quicker that a standard-ish Williams? If not, i wouldn't bother, unless he can't drive his 172 properly.

I sold my Williams (which was standard apart from exhaust and ik, 157bhp when r/r) and bought a mk1 172 a couple of weeks ago. Although i regret doing it, the 172 IS quicker, no doubt about it! Maybe upto about 40-50 there's prob not much in it, Williams may have been marginly quicker off the line even, but one you get above 60, the 172 pulls away. I can give an honest comparison, i've now owned and driven both hard, and the 172 may be boring and dull, but its not slow!

There is a huge variation between mk2 172`s tbh....

Chris