Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5 GTT vs Tuned valver

down the pub last night and my mate is adiment that he would anialate me in his 5 turbo!!!!

i think he has a T25 running 11PSI of boost and no other mods
    i have the full hillpower cylinder head conversion (P,P,GF head, Cams, chip ect)

how do u think this race would fair??

and im talking acceleration as we know what the top speed outcome would be!!!!!

Forum User
    If its only running 11psi (standard 5 turbo psi) then i cant see you having any problems nailing him.

either way the valver looks / sounds better than a 5 tubby anyway, i know i have owned 2 of the unreliable pushrod heaps in the past

Quote Originally Posted by gtbloke
    If its only running 11psi (standard 5 turbo psi) then i cant see you having any problems nailing him.

either way the valver looks / sounds better than a 5 tubby anyway, i know i have owned 2 of the unreliable pushrod heaps in the past
    Upped boost by any chance? Mine was fine with 215000 miles and when I started to mod things then it popped...everyone dogs 5 turbos for reliability but it is obvious that shoving daft power thru that baby 1.4 will end in tears unless it is treated right and modded well (unlike mine with a bleed valve)...far too tempting! lol

Chris

yep its got the bleed valve on it, he has already had an engine fire and crack numerous piston liners!!!!!

so i shouldnt have a problem then!!!!

Forum User
    Upped boost by any chance?
    No they were both running the standard psi when i had them, but i cant vouch for the previous owners

imho i found the electrics and build quality were absolutely abysmal, the clio is the superior car regardless of the fact it should have had a turbo from the factory :P

just my 2p

Weird....I`d look out for maul grip marks on the one of the pipes..my m8 bought one and you could clearly see where the previous owner had `upped` the boost a little lol I reckon nothing would have gone on mine if I had left it std. I`ve seen the guy who bought it off me and he has still had no problems with it at all...and it was probably running 160bhp all this time.

Chris

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club

Re: 5 GTT vs Tuned valver

Quote Originally Posted by Dancliovalver
    down the pub last night and my mate is adiment that he would anialate me in his 5 turbo!!!!

i think he has a T25 running 11PSI of boost and no other mods
    i have the full hillpower cylinder head conversion (P,P,GF head, Cams, chip ect)

how do u think this race would fair??

and im talking acceleration as we know what the top speed outcome would be!!!!!
    ok another story for ya, was goin round town in the missus car (she was drivin), and this 172 came right up her arse so she turned into a side road and he followed so she did aload more manovers and he followed!!

anyways when we pulled up at the bank and wound his window down next to my windo and came out with

"WHEN DID U RACE MY CAR"
    and i didnt have a clue what he was on about, and supposedly some of the lads that know my car round melton know that its pretty powerful and have told him to gimme a race but he took the wrong end of the stick ( we never got on in school, i beat him up a few times for slaggin mates off )

so next time i see him and im out in my car im gonna give it a go, who do u rekon will come out top, his is standard!!!!!
    do you ever actually race any of them dude? :D

well i havnt had chance yet, when ever i wanna race the 5 i always get "well its not runnin right and its smokin"

and the other guy will get whats comin to him soon enuf lol

just gotta find the right time to av him, preferably on the duel carrage way!!

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    :D sweet! cant wait to see ur motor at the meet fella

I think a standard valver keep might keep up with a standard R5 over a distance like 1/4 mile. But it would get anihilated at the traffic light GP. Only Thing is, there aren't many standard R5 about.