Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

2.0 16v Williams Hybrid - breaking/whole car :(

This is back up for sale after unfortunate circumstances.

I had to rush my mum to hospital the other night, typically we were in my car... obviously the problem comes with the word "rush" - having recently had an engine rebuild, I think I have caused one of the bearings in the bottom end to come loose whilst driving to the hospital. The car still starts no problem, oil pressure, oil temperature is all spot on, but obviously with knocking. Regret it now, but at the time mum was far more important (won’t go into details)

Dave (WantsaWilliams) wanted this car originally, with a deposit to be left on Saturday for a total of £3150 - having now caused the above; I doubt he'll be wanting the car anymore (that gives you a good idea of how nice this car is)

It’s currently on eBay, with one hour left, but I’m soon to cancel the auction.

Having rebuilt this engine with new crank etc... Full details in the auction ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....item=4581403692 )

To be completely honest with everyone, I don’t want to have the hassle of it all again. It may be a quick fix, where a new set of bearings maybe required, or something else, I don't know. People are more than welcome to come see it, it is a mint car, and personally I don't really want to start breaking it to pieces if someone with a little bit of mechanical knowledge can get themselves a cheap hybrid (mint one at that)...

So what I’m saying is, the car is for sale, and goes to the person who offers me the most. Need it gone within 2 weeks, as I have just spent my savings on a v6 . Ohh how things always seem to change....

Mobile number is 07719452454 you can contact me anytime, I have no idea what it is worth now if I had a shot in the dark it would be £1500-£2000?? but I mean that’s really a guess. All I can say is it is up there with the best mk1s as many of you will know.

If i can't get a sale, ill fix it myself and put it back up for sale - sump and bottom end will be coming out next weekend.

sorry to hear about that mate, your not having much luck with it at all it seems :(

if you do break it would any of the engine benifit my snapped cambelt nightmare?

i dont know the first thing about engines hence my asking...

cheers

Tony

Forum User
    i imagine if your cambelt has snapped it will purely be all top end, and my top end is fine

trouble with it is, i woud rather the car go all at once, i have had my first offer of £1200 so keep the offers coming in... i will need it sold by 2 weeks.

baring in mind things like the wheels would sell sepertaly for £350, ecu for £100, and gearbox for X amount... so much money wrapped up in the car...

J o n
    dont be so hasty fella, speak to BenR and 2 live, may not be that bad, after a rebuild it shouldn't do that, 2 live ran his in on a peaks run...

Forum User
    £1500 buys it! come on people this is a steal!!

gutted to hear this mate - stick with the car and get it sorted !

Forum User
    need it sold....

heehee, well od love to buy it mate but i carnt afford it.

moneys well tight at the min.

Whats actually up with her now then Chris?

Danny

Re: 2.0 16v Williams Hybrid - breaking/whole car :(

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris

I had to rush my mum to hospital the other night, typically we were in my car... obviously the problem comes with the word "rush" - having recently had an engine rebuild, I think I have caused one of the bearings in the bottom end to come loose whilst driving to the hospital. The car still starts no problem, oil pressure, oil temperature is all spot on, but obviously with knocking.