willy/valver air intake relocation pipe

i was speaking to a steel pipping fabricator earlier this evening and was maybe thinking about having a pipe made that woul go from the throttle body down to the space behind the front bumper.....

if this is possible and it works out well i may get a run done and want to see how many may be interested.

also if anybody can see any problems with the design idea could you let me know......

cheers neil

Forum User
    I';ve done this, and so ahs Winston, but wiht flexable piping, the stuff i used costs about £20ish for a 1 mtr length

I would like to see a prototype first but yeah, maybe

pretty sure ill be happy with my throttle adapter and BMC combo

you any idea on cost ?.......surely it would be a fair bit

i know you and winston had done it lunner but i was thinking with steel pipe it would be a bit stronger...... lunner what else would i need as to mount the filter at the open end of the pipe...

brun i noticed that you had the throttle body adapter on cliosport but i just thought this may be ok for others

no idea on price yet as i only spoke to the guy this evening and may pop back next week...if i get a run on it it may not be to bad funds wise

Forum User
    if it looks good and works then i'd be intrested . keep us posted on developments !!!!!

Forum User
    To attach teh filter, a rubber collar and a couple fo big jubilee clips, oh and big cable ties are a must

Forum User
    you dont even have to use a tb adapter, if you get the correct dimension hosing you can stretch it directly over the throttle body and secure it with a clip., i think you need 100mm dimension in order to do it that way..

another way is to rain x your windscreen and remove the water bottle from the bulk head.. get a circular drill bit and saw through the bulkhead running the flexible piping in to it.. any cheap aftermarket induction kit which fits in the compartment will be ideal. no hot air in that bit lol.