Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Preston. Drives: Clio 172 Cup & Fiesta RS Turbo

What is it about Valvers/Willams....

However much shite they give you and however much money you throw at them why do you end up always loving them so much?

Had mine since end of feb/March now and it's already had a new gearbox mount, rebuilt gearbox, cambelt/fanbelt, 2 track rod ends to name but a few bits and everytime it pisses me off I "think" about selling it.

Then either I fix it, or it returns from the mechanic, i get in it, go for a good drive and just fall in love with it all over again- argh why is it so hard to stay angry at them!

Incidentally this is also the longest i think i've owned a car, and i've only been driving just over 2 years. No write offs, and all my cars have been nice and modified how i wanted them, but they've always been sold on through boredom and yet the valver always ends up putting a massive smile on my face everytime i look at it/drive it :D

Know exactly what you mean. Every time something major has gone wrong I think "right this time i'll fix it and sell it its pissing me off too much" but as soon as its done and i've taken it out for a drive I dont think i'd ever sell it lol.

See ya

Matt

Forum User
    lol ive been through this so many times! it breaks i get pissed off and wanna sell it , i fix it and love it! had 6month of trouble free motoring now and absolutly love it!!

crist wen reading this i thought someone had stolen my mind, know exactly wat u mean, this is my second valer now, first one was OK but this one the clutch went after 2 weeks (£450) balljoints have gone, the brakes are shite at the mo, theres allsorts of squeking comin from the suspension and loadsa other bits and bobs have gone wrong........was thinkin bout sellin it all this week but just took it out tonite to the local chippy and have totally changed my mind......i just love drivin it and every body looks as u go by too!

puts a smile on my face every time :D

:D i no wot you mean had 2 my self my secound is a low miler and just had front shokers/springs done.. but still love it still got a slight nosie near front drivers side but still love it..

ps still taking the piss out of them tdi crappers.. they think they are driveing a cossy

Its because they've got a presence on the road like no modern hatchbacks have. Most modern sporty hatches (LCRs, CTRs etc) come up behind you and it looks exactly like any other base model hatch. When a 16v/Willy comes up behind you its recogniseable and they look mental. Apart from Evos/Imprezas massive bonnet vents and wide arches just dont happen on production cars any more lol.

See ya

Matt

Forum User
    i love my valver, and ive had it 2 weeks. just smiles every time :D

Preston. Drives: Clio 172 Cup & Fiesta RS Turbo
    This is going to make me sound like an idiot lol but i also seem to get alot more respect driving it than with any of my other 'modded' motors...

I had a brand new mini cooper S owner and a lad with an R1 bike come and talk to me about it the other day at a garage as they'd heard me pull up and said it sounded and looked so nice for such an oldish type hatch. I love the reaction they give...

If i had money i'd buy another lmao, glad it's just not me who's besotted by them though! :D

Forum User
    Totally agree, the gearbox has just gone on mine again, 2nd time in a month! Don't buy 2nd hand gearboxes btw, and I love it.

I can't wait to get it fixed and back on the road, it's addictive.

James

Mine always breaks but i still love it. I keep thinking of buyin a new car but cant bring myself to sell it. I love it too much Cant wait for it to break again :P