Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

East Anglia Meet sunday April 10th 2005

Following on from the impressive turn out for the Ipswich meet last week i'm keen to get my Willy waxed (!!) and out for another showing. How does anyone fancy another meet this April.

There seems to be a fair amount of people from the Essex/Herts/Suffolk area and so i propose meeting in the picturesque village of Finchingfield, Essex. There's a nice pub overlooking the village green which would be ideal for photos. I may even bring the missus along for some food and a drink in the pub (if she's really really good).

Subject to interest and any suggestions we could meet somewhere like Braintree and then convoy down to Finchingfield which is probably a 15 minute drive.

How about it guys? I propose Sunday 10 April as a suggestion

Attached is a link showing Finchingfield. Let me know what you think of it as a suggested venue. The photos of the village green &b pond are the view from the pub and I imagine they'd make a good few photos with a stack of Willy's lined up in front

Forum User
    Yeah...I know....where's the link!!!! What a div!

http://www.reggie.net/album.php?albid=216

Banned
    Can we NOT have Essex meets as it just leaves out Norwich

If East Anglia is the area IMO the meets should be available to ALL in East Anglia, in which case thay have to be further North.

If not, it will just get like CS where East Anglia meets are in Essex and no body from further North can get to them.

No offence to Essex boys, but i think the club should make an effort to include as many people as possible. :D

finchingfield is a very nice picturesque viallage(been there before) but im up for this! would be good! and stromba come on mate! we will make some more meets up near you! i promise! i thought ipswich was a fair central to east anglia meet! but we do need to try other places out for meets!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    KS. I totally agree that all should be included and as and when other meets are planned I will definitely be up for them. I'm happy to travel a reasonable distance. I only suggested Finchingfield as it seems fairly local to those who made the Ipswich one. Would be an ideal day out for anyone fancying a longer journey. It really is a lovely setting.

I'm not proposing Essex as a venue always but if there's interest for this one i'm sure it'll be a good one.

However, if anyone wants to suggest another venue then i'm willing to travel

:D

Banned
    I can see this going the same way as CS. Northern meets. Essex meets.

Seems a bit unfair. The same people are going to have to do all the travelling all the time. This is what will happen:

Essex meet, 20 people turn out. I make the effort to drive down. (nearly 2 hour drive)

Norwich meet, everyone is suddenly busy. So meet cancelled.

ok ok mate! i/we promise to arrange a norwich meet!(would love to see that slag delia knocking about and give her some abuse lol) but seriously mate we will have a meet up your end i/we promise!(there is some lovely places in norfolk ideal to meet up at)
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Banned
    Paul, people wont turn up to a Norwich meet. Ipswich area would be more appropriate.

Forum User
    I guarantee I will drive up to Norwich/Norfolk. It's not too far and i'm the typical English bloke who doesn't see enough of his own country. KS, organise a drive up to your neck of the woods and count me in

Essex way would be good for me. Ipswich would be 2/3 hr drive etc.