After passing my driving test some 27 years ago I have always had a love for sports/hot hatch cars.

Here's a list of cars I have owned throughout the years (I will not list every car I have owned, just my favorites so will not include the Bright RED Nissan Cherry i purchased!???)

From earliest to present.
  • MK1 XR2 - Silver pepperpot alloys - I loved this 4 speed 84Bhp, 0-62 10secs motor. A little beast in its day, hung onto corners like it was on rails and in my opinon was and still one of the best hot hatches ever made.

My first Renault
  • Renault 5 GT Turbo - Tungsten Grey - My first love for Renaults! - 120Bhp, 0-62 7secs. The power that came from the 1.4 Turbo engine was amazing. My party trick 'while entertaining the lady passengers' was to boot it from a standstill which would force the pullout car stereo to eject from its compartment which i could catch it while driving the car (not reccommended you try this! come on I was only young). I was always envious of the special blue limited edition Raider but was a little out of my price range.
  • Renault Clio 1.8 16V -I fell in love with this car when I first clapped eyes on it, the shape, those wide arches the and the performance was awesome - I had quite a few runs from Leeds to Liverpool in it over the 3 years I owned it and never let me down. While owning this I was again was soooo envious of the Williams with the gold wheels but at the time was out of my price range' but always knew one day I would own one.
  • MK3 Golf GTI 16V - Bright Red 2ltr 180Bhp 0-62 8secs. Unfortunatley this usually reliable car ended up costing me a fortune, lots of engine problems, breakdowns etc.. guess just had a bad one. It did put me off buying VW's in the future though.
  • Renault Clio 172 Cup - The first brand new car i had ever owned bought straight out the showroom from Renault Leeds, had it 2 days and my girlfriend at the time scrapped both alloys, needless to say of course she was soon to be my ex after that incident. I loved this little blue flying machine but always thought it was missing something screaming in 5th gear, just need that bit more!!

Family then came along and I had a raft of sensible cars for a few years including a Black pimped ouy Mitsubshi Shogun, the first and probably only time i had it in 4 wheel drive was when I parked slightly on the grass while at a wedding!

• Ford Focus ST - A super fast 2.5 5 cylinder Volvo gowling engine. Bought this car while been sent out by the wife to buy a family estate the Audi A4 Avant was her preference! What can I say once a boy racer always a boy racer of course this did not go down too well when i rolled up the drive but after a promise to decorate the whole house she soon forgive me. I owned the car 14 months, it was good to me but a company car was on the horizon so it had to go.

So recently now having 2 sensible(ish) cars in the home my passion for the Williams came back with a vengence and in May this year I went out and purchased one! This is my garaged weekend toy that I have been polishing almost daily, been totally obssessed with for the last few weeks. I take it out when its not raining of course with a grin on my face from ear to ear absolutley LOVE IT... the boy racer days are back!!! I even took on a kid in Fiesta ST at the lights last weekend and loved it... haha the 90's are back baby ...... LOL!!

PS... the wife obviously keeps asking why the hell have i bought an old car!!?? .... 'you'll never understand darling, you'll never understand' was my response... I'am 44 going on 24 and love the Williams.

Lets hear what cars you lot have owned in the past.

Cheers