Rattle can respray

As some of you will know, all the OS rear arch on my car was dented in where a woman drove into it. Anyway I repaired it and sprayed it with rattle cans (this was a few months ago). Anyway last week I finally got around to flatting it with 2000 grit sandpaper, then yesterday I t-cutted it and polished.

Problem is, the paint i've put on is better than what was there originally. It has a lot more metallic bits on the surface. Anyway, do you think i'd be able to respray it with rattle cans? I'm guessing about £60 worth would do it, and i'll just do a panel at a time. If the paint comes out like the arch it'll look corking.

See ya

Matt[/i]

Forum User
    You can, BUT even thought paint guns are alot harder to get used to, once you sare used to them it is ALOT easier to get a uniform finihs when doing large areas.

lets put it this way, if its fuucked up you only have to pay someone to do it anyways

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    only problem is is that can paint dont last as long as two pack paint, it will start to fade quicker.

best bet is to get some two pack paint, get a compressor and spray gun and give it a whirl, or spray it with spray can paint but put about 5 coats of lacqure on it fella.....otherwise in a yr it will be as dull as a brick

I can spray with proper equipment, as I have been doing it for years, its just I haven't got access to any equipment. Spraycans are cheaper aswell, and its easier to do a panel at a time.

See ya

Matt

Location: Williams Land Cars: Minty Williams 2 & Now 0171 - AV IT !
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams-Jr
    only problem is is that can paint dont last as long as two pack paint, it will start to fade quicker.

best bet is to get some two pack paint, get a compressor and spray gun and give it a whirl, or spray it with spray can paint but put about 5 coats of lacqure on it fella.....otherwise in a yr it will be as dull as a brick

2 pac laquer is toxic carefull need an oxygen supply if you are doing it in a closed area

you can spray it all yourself mate - but dont forget to laqure the paint when you have done.

Take your time and do each pannel to a high standard and your laughing.

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    and we want pics when ur done :D