Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R5 turbo engine picture

Hey guys really need some help
    Just about to buy an r5 turbo that's been stood up for a year.
    Since its been stood up it no longer starts but still turns over some one has been messing around with some hoses so I need for advice and some pictures of a standard engine bay...

Many thanks
    Shaun

I've just sold my standard 5 gt turbo. I'm at work just now, but as soon as i'm home i'll post up a pic of the engine bay for you

Thanks mate. I really want a mother r5 turbo it's hard to find a decent one and I'm not a member on rtoc only sites ive been lookin at is piston heads and eBay.

What sort of money you are looking at spending?

Im sure there are more photos somewhere on my computer, I dont know if I got any where I have put it all back together yet as im still putting more clips back in the engine bay as there are a lot in there but I will get the car back to totally O.E

Thanks mate I'm looking around £2000 Ish

When I turned the ignition on I couldn't hear the fuel pump prime.. So unsure if it's that or not.

Can get so nice examples for that amount at the moment, as for pump not going could be a couple of things, fuel pump relay is a common fault on the car, you can open this up and bridge the connection to run the pump constantly to see if it starts up fine, or other thing pump might have had it can try running a live straight to the pump under the car. Well worth joining RTOC as a lot of helpful members plus so local members round your way who can also go see the car who should know a lot more what to look out with these cars. Plus always cars going up for sale within the club which you know have been looked after well, I could never sell either of my Renault 5 GT Turbos I love the too much

Really wanted a white one. If anybody knows of one being sold please let me know. Any help would be great.

Shaun

Thing is guys

I can get my old car back for £1850 no tax no mot non runner I went and looked at it and it's not the car it once was but I sold it for £5250 so I wouldn't expect to get it all back.

Its been stood up for a year the engine looks standard now there's no charge cooler ,oil cooler,roll cage, has standard interior thats shagged,no chrome any more missing hes 100% the engine was ok when he stood it up he sails he's put a new battery,new fuel,and plugs and no joy stood up...not sure if I'm weastin my time with it as i would love to see it back how i had it or am i just better of buying one tax and tested and runs....

Helppppppp

Link below to the r5 I had

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...hlight=#260842

Forum User
    I reckon it'd be awesome to have your old car back. If you can afford the time and hassle to get it back like you want then that would be much better in the long run.