Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Am i being silly.

Tell me if im just being silly, but...

I just got another Williams a couple of weeks ago, and being older and hopefully wiser have not been thrashing the balls of it. But today when i gave it the beans i got just over a ton and it seem there was nothing less in her. Its got a sports exhaust with a de-cat and a air filter.

I know my old 1 had a lot of engine work done but cant remember it being that bad top end when standard.

????????????

how many years ago did you own one and how long for?
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    yeah your being silly :P aint got much left in it after a ton, you need the longest straightest piece of tarmac ever for that...

Forum User
    I sold the last 1 in 2005, i had a lot of engine work done and it could do a genuine 140mph and get there really quick too.

Just got a feeling somthing isnt right. I can remember hit 120 easy standard..

I can get to 110 very easily usually when I'm in a hurry to get home from work. I havent pushed it any further as I try and respect the 100k, 16 year old girl. Dont forget how old these cars are now plus they will have been raped by the previous owners, after all thats what they were built for :D

Ive pushed my Williams 2 up to 125 once - and it did it no problem with no power loss until I took my foot off the gas.

It has a K&N & sports exhaust.

Forum User
    just trying to work out what the power loss could be.

Any ideas.??????

Forum User
    try giving it a full service with top quality items including a fuel filter etc, you will be amazed what that can achieve alone, my car at 85k miles will fly up to a ton and keep going until about 130 although it needed a longer stretch the last time I tried it as above they are getting old now so going over a ton is a bit disrespectful.

Re: Am i being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark2604
    Tell me if im just being silly, but...

I just got another Williams a couple of weeks ago, and being older and hopefully wiser have not been thrashing the balls of it. But today when i gave it the beans i got just over a ton and it seem there was nothing less in her. Its got a sports exhaust with a de-cat and a air filter.

I know my old 1 had a lot of engine work done but cant remember it being that bad top end when standard.

????????????
    Should have kept pulling tbh.

What's the rev limiter set at?

Quote Originally Posted by walters300
    try giving it a full service with top quality items including a fuel filter etc, you will be amazed what that can achieve alone, my car at 85k miles will fly up to a ton and keep going until about 130 although it needed a longer stretch the last time I tried it as above they are getting old now so going over a ton is a bit disrespectful.
    This is a good idea, but there may be other things causing it like dirty injectors or mis-reading sensors. How old is the backbox? Any blockage in the exhaust will limit the power as well.