Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Hybrid v CTR v ST150

Not really an happy bunny as tonight i had a few tusles with a mates ST150 and then was joined by another mates CTR with not brilliant outcomes on my part or so i thought!!!

Note i was one up with half a tank and loaded with a sub and the other cars were totally standard and on there own!!!

Goin on to our favourite dual Fiesta infront and CTR behind me, goin round the roundabout in 2nd onto the dual and the ST floors it and i do just after and theres no movement between us up to a ton but the ctr passes us both pretty easy(ish).............CTR owner (former valver owner) says your not drivin it hard enough and my reply was i ****in am (later let him have ago and he said it was good compared to his valver which was a known fast one so dont feel theres a prob with the car asuch)..........Anyway he tells my passenger to get in with him and i race the ST from standing!!!

I pull well in first and second and im in front but not by a stagerin amount (about half a car to a car) and then he started pulling it back and by 90 were levelish again which is where the dual was comin to an end and i started braking!!!

Not sure of the stats on the ST's but iv heard some of you boys saying you keep on CTR's but tbh from a rolling game mine wasnt on par at all.....Would standing be any better with no passenger against the CTR? And anyone know the exact figures on the ST as i know how much you all like Fords!?

Im first to admit im not really known for hitting the red and dont really like hammering the box but even with this in mind was i slow? :(

Forum User
    u 2.0l'd?

Forum User
    Yep 45k willy 2 engine, with recon willy box and valver manifold!!!

Banned
    Id get a Williams manifold then :P

Forum User
    Surely thats not the probs King...Iv heard most people recommend them or the supersprint over the williams!?

I think it was a case of my bad/careful driving rather than anything but nevertheless it was still close with the ST but not with the CTR!!!

Strip it out...tbh I'd expect both those cars to beaten by a hybrid..the st150 should have been a memory at 100mph!

Forum User
    lol.

indeed..check things like blowing exhausts etc etc

J o n
    somethings deffo not right there...

Forum User
    Anyone kno the exact performance stats on the 150?

I was told 7.8 to 60 and 21 to 100 just now which would make the outcome about right wouldnt it?

Im not stripping it mart....Like the leather too much......Will takr the sub out and that knn off soon though.........The engine was only put in a month and abit ago and the exaust is a stainless cat back piper which is 10mths old so dont think theres a problem there!!!

Theres a few mates with 172's and apparently they dont beat the Ford by much and get eaten by the CTR so im bloody confused!!!

Banned
    Who put the engine in? Dont say GDI.