Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

accident in the snow....insurance sorting it!

Hi Guys,

Snowed in Leeds last friday. I was driving and took a left, car understeered and offside wheel hit a curb with quite an impact, despite by low speed (had daughter in car...so was slow!).

Anyway, front offside wheel was pushed forward and rubbing on arch. Home was about 500 yards away so got it home slowly.

As i need a car I had no choice but to go through insurance.

I thought the subframe would be bent but today I have been advised they will repair it! New wishbone, new alloy! just one), new wing and possibly door to blend in or something.

Only problem in that I had 19 16V wishbones on, so i have to pay for the other side and fork out for an original.

Anyway, gnerally I am happy as i thought they may say its beyond econimocal repair as the book value for these cars is low!

Its good they're not writing it off. Whats the book value on them currently?

Great! A new ally wheel? Not cheap lol.

Willy wishbones not cheap either but easy to fit so no worries and you'll have an original setup then too

Great news! I thought most insurance companies would right them off now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    Great! A new ally wheel? Not cheap lol.

if they can get them. i seem to remember jon saying reno had none left now when they bought theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by J o n
    Northy has contacted some senior geezer in RUK who are going to get speedline to do another run though if possible. lol
    That sounds almost exactly like the story i told him!

Mat.

When I phoned them up they had none in France and only 2 in the UK... those have since long gone, so none left.

Northy has contacted some senior geezer in RUK who are going to get speedline to do another run though if possible. These will obviously be the new and improved fully painted alloys without the grey inners lol
    so not like originals then ;)

if i wanted non originals id get the prima reps lol

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    Northy has contacted some senior geezer in RUK who are going to get speedline to do another run though if possible. lol

Mat.

lol.northy taking credit for something he hasnt done........never ;) the founder of this club....i dont believe it....lol

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown

Mat.
    thats right, i was telling jon what you told me. I have since spoke with Jeremy but no samples have arrive yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    When I phoned them up they had none in France and only 2 in the UK... those have since long gone, so none left.

Northy has contacted some senior geezer in RUK who are going to get speedline to do another run though if possible. These will obviously be the new and improved fully painted alloys without the grey inners lol
    so not like originals then ;)

if i wanted non originals id get the prima reps lol
    They are all original, they are all still Renault speedlines. Difference is that the first run had half painted alloys. The next run will no doubt be fully painted too, which to me is better than having reps or refurbed alloys in the wrong colour, which lets face it, all refurbs are. Primer or not, this is as good as it gets.

No point being an advocate of originality with rusting arches, sills, refurbed alloys and modified Megane engines and coilovers etc. Original is as Renault intended. It's like saying the Williams is the best hot hatch ever, then modifying it to drive and behave nothing like.
    lol. depends on what the car is for. track use/abuse, and modifications are needed to get the car a little quicker. and lol at going all out for originality. if so the wheels will be the alledgedly inferior half painted items, refurbed or not, the correct paint code will give the right colour. like it will with a respray.

as you know i have 1 for track use, which will be playing out later in the year, and 1 for road use. which also will be playing out when the weathers better. both have a little rust, but at least 1 of them is 100% original now. and that includes the paint, going by your own admission, a repaint can never be the correct colour..... :rolls eyes: