Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Happy joyjoy moments in teh Willyams :)

I've been quite down about the car of late, mainly due to the bottom end confirmed as shagged (only showing under HALF compression on all but one cylinder, and that one isn't great). In fact, I've not touched the car really or thought about it as I've just wanted to forget all about the trouble I've had and get over Xmas and New year, starting 2011 with a new outlook on the whole project.

Also, I have had some reaaaallly shit tyres on with my spare winter Speedlines as the R1R's are not so good in snow or sub zero temperatures. These tyres were so bad, I cant describe it. As with anything though, if you leave it long enough you just get used to something and make do.

Well anyway, today was the first fine day we've had and I needed to adjust my exhaust and have finished putting numerous layers of Poorboys Sealant on my decent wheels. So, armed with my spanners, off I went to change wheels. My clean ones are so minty fresh and polished they feel like sliding your finger over ice.

Anyway, having tweaked a bit and putting my suspension settings back to the way they were before the snow, I went out for a test drive.

OMG: I had forgotten how this thing goes. It is just amazing what a difference a good set of tyres and decent setup can do. The love is back! And despite a shagged engine, it's still putting out just shy of 170 bhp, which aint bad still I guess. I just need to ignore the puffs of oily smoke out the back for now

Looking forward to fixing my engine and getting out on track for 2011

I wish you all the best in 2011 with this car mate! You deserve to have fun after all the money and work you had and you will put into it!

Forum User
    I have to agree the "love" moments of these cars make the "hate" moments easier to bear.

The car looks great, those wheels set it off v.nicely! Once BE sorted this will be a real flying machine.

Your car looks so much like mine - same lowered stance with neg. camber, similar spec (apart from ITB's on yours ) similar condition. It is definitely a love hate thing with them though but to be fair you have had more than your fair share of bad luck over the last year mate. Glad you are looking at things from a more positive angle, hopefully when you get your bottom end sorted that will be the end of the problems and you can concentrate on enjoying it. Hope to see it in action at a track day this year...

By the way I love the white lettering on the tyres, it's given me an idea for mine now...

White writing on tyres should be left to real man tyres only.

I HATE IT lol. Like seeing a 17year old with his first car haha

Looks superb mate, especially those alloys ;)

There are a few cars I like to see pics of on williamsclio and Wobba yours is certainly one of them
    twas my birthday last week and for a treat what did i do? Yep take the willy for a run. Ahhh the love is still there..and still manages to make the girlfriend horny too even though she has me driving a tjet as an everyday car she warned me that it's divorce if i ever sell the williams!
    As I said before wobba if you need some parts to get you where you wanna be with that car lemme know

Quote Originally Posted by northy
    White writing on tyres should be left to real man tyres only.

I HATE IT lol. Like seeing a 17year old with his first car haha

Like yours? ^^

Speedline is mint but the white writing on the tyre is a bit boyracer style