Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone dealt with balancemotorsport

was luking round for a set of front dampers and came up with this lot:
    http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/pp/Suspension/Shock_Absorbers_(Dampers)/Leda_Dampers_RENAULT_CLIO_WILLIAMS_Coilover_Strut_ 2.5inch-Front.html
    My thoughts are the standard setup on the rear of the Williams is fine however having the front adjustable may prove to be beneficial.
    Nice the way you don’t have to buy the whole kit which is over a grand.
    I take it the ride height should not be affected as you use the standard springs?
    Any thoughts?

they look very nice

do u just want adjustable travel ? or adjustable shock rates - hard to soft ?

If i was buying some i would get - adjustable ride height and damping

Forum User
    ....so coilovers?

ride height and damping preferred.
    the original ones are shot and i intend on keeping the car so might aswell splash the cash on these..if i like them you's will find out all about it :D if i dont they will be on offer.cant lose

just spoke with balancemotorsport.
    the guy Julian said to email him on what preferred or use the car will be used for and they then work with Leda to design a setup for you.fok me you lads in the UK are serious bout your cars hey!
    if this is cost effective i will try them out.
    if not it will be standard setup.

LEDA dampers/coilovers are probably the best you can get, my mate Rich used to work their and the workmanship is exceptional. Quite cheap aswell for the quality.

See ya

Matt

Forum User
    I ake it that £295 for two font dampers?
    I'm after some new font dampers and Leda come highly recomended.
    You want to se if theres discounts availible for a bulk buy?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by edde
    I ake it that £295 for two font dampers?
    I'm after some new font dampers and Leda come highly recomended.
    You want to se if theres discounts availible for a bulk buy?
    i was about to axe that aswell, does that include the springs n all?

just confering with Julian at the moment.he wants to know what the spring rates are on the standard springs.I know its posted around here somewhere.
    defo interested in a group buy and will mention it to him once we get all the technical info gathered.
    lads you will have to be patient with this one cause according to previous posts there are many different spring options available for the williams in standard form.
    so lets see what info I can gather from this crowd and i will revert back here.

Forum User
    std spring rate is 125 lb fab, 31mm free standing lenght iirc, std williams should have 2 white dots on them, not sure what others was running at anglesey but mine were 165lb std height, dont know if u noticed any difference to other cars u went in?

Hi Richy.
    of the three i went out in they all offered a different experience.With your upgraded brakes i was expecting the front end to dive even just a little,which it certainly didnt :D So the spring rate on yours felt just right for your application.Its not hardcore as such which is sweet,and just that bit sharper on the twisty bits and hairpin.
    As for Gaz's it was the more natural/road going feeling and the car behaved impecably well.Even from a bystanders point of view Gaz's looked well planted and he was always in control,well as far as I could tell :D
    I was in the wet with Jan and well what can i say....the devil was biting his ass on every corner
    What I would like to achieve is to keep the ride height the same but allow for adjustable damping,but then its probably going to require some good technical advice.From what i was told today that if you focus only on the front end you will end up with "too much"oversteer.So it looks like the rear torsion bar may need looking at also.
    Really hope this guy from balancemotorsport knows his shit and will be able to hook this car up the way I want it.