Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Standard Cobra alarm trouble

Well seems the clio has started to play up with me already.
    Got in the car this morning for work and it wouldnt turn over, the alarm fob was working the doors and the little led was flashing which normally means the immobilisor isnt active, but it wasnt bringing the fuel pump in and the starter wouldnt turn. After removing the battery lead for half an hour it finally started and off to work i went.

Come out of work this afternoon and had the same problem again?? Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone else removed the standard alarm, if so how much trouble was it? Really need to get this sorted as i dont was to get stranded somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any replys

I had this problem with my standard cobra.

I was about 10 miles from home at 2am... Would let me drive for max 1min then had to wait 20min to re start - why it did this was beyond me...not a clue...u can imagine wot time i got in

I ripped it all out and got a new Autowatch alarm put in. Its a pain ripping it all out but solved a big problem so was worth it. These cobras seem to just go whenever they feel like it for some reason...

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE

I was about 10 miles from home at 2am... Would let me drive for max 1min then had to wait 20min to re start - why it did this was beyond me...not a clue...u can imagine wot time i got in

I ripped it all out and got a new Autowatch alarm put in. Its a pain ripping it all out but solved a big problem so was worth it. These cobras seem to just go whenever they feel like it for some reason...

Thats what i dont need is to be stuck out somewhere at a silly hour or not be able to get to work. How do you rate the Autowatch alarm, is there any reason you went for that alarm?

I originally went for the Toad ai606 (iirc) I knew the company i went too and they told me id have to wait for the toad....why not go for the Autowatch which is a similar brand (reputation wise) And the autowatch came out more expensive tbh, but they ended up charging me the same price anyhow as i knew them. Good times.

No faults with it from my point of view love it to bits. I since bought a willy 1 which has a toad Ai606 and cant fault that either, both do their job well.

Forum User
    I have laserline on mine and it drives me mad

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by djtlane
    I have laserline on mine and it drives me mad
    Had a lazerline on my old astra gsi and that drove me mad

Think i will have a look at the one Leigh-Anne has on hers, failing that i will be a toad

Ive had seriously annoying problems with my toad immobiliser very similar to yourself.

It seems to happen every few months always at the worst possible time. Like when in a que to drive into FCS for example.
    Usualy when the engine is hot and been stopped for a few mins i.e for fuel etc, the imo kicks in and the car wont start for 20 minutes.

I was wondering if it might be an ECU or a key fault, but because its so rarely a problem ive never got round to sorting it.

I think im gonna change the system when i eventualy get a new alarm put in. Sorry i cant offer any help but at least you know its a problem that others have dealt with.

Anyone reckon possible ecu imob fault???

Any chance your ecu could have got wet? Is it all packaged in the way it should??

Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE

lol...Seem to remember following you in 0217, watching you break down every quarter mile lolololooll

Forum User
    A little update on this, had the standard cobra alarm removed today, by a chap that used to work for my local renault dealer much to my surprise the fooking car is still doing the same thing

Where is the standard immobilisor is it in the ecu? If so how do i go about removing it? Is it the case of getting another ecu?

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys seem to know your stuff everyone else i ask is just guessing