Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

very twitchy on the corners

Car has only really started to do this, but if im cornering (not particularly sharply) to the right (only tested when going to the right), then suddenly pull a bit more sharply on the steering wheel the front end dips down and the back becomes skittish...

Now i know that this is supposed to happen cuz im always invoking oversteer like this, but it seems to have gotten very much worse lately, i.e. the nose dips down too much

could this be worn bushes or shocks ?

might be time to go for uprated and slightly lower springs?

Don't know mate but when I was following the Kirmanator in his Teggy round a bend at 70 mine got very twitchy too. Not just LOO, but the whole car seeming to wriggle and squirm.

Shat me pants. Will deffo have to get the wheels re-balanced and the tracking checked.

hmm u think it could be the rear passenger side wheel being unbalanced??? As its only started doing it since my new goodyear eagle f1 went on that corner, and its well worn in now ????

Should do a front-back tyre rotatation first to rule out tyre problems before fiddling with the suspension.

But, as you said, isn't tail out a good thing for our cars. I, OTOH, don't quite like my rear sticking a little too much for my liking.

Forum User
    Get the seats and spare wheel out - that will get the back end nice and twichy

Maybe my mind was exaggerating the experience because it was occuring at 70 and not something more sensible! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jan
    Get the seats and spare wheel out - that will get the back end nice and twichy
    Probably get another set of tyres or something. Need my regular dose of sideways action to keep the fun factor on the boil. Honestly, if it ain't fun to drive a Williams, I'd rather have a comfy Clio 172 [runs away and hide]

J o n
    mine was a bit unpredictable like that when a spring cracked...

Maybe cheak your tyre pressure?

That's my first port of call. It did this under heavy braking the first time the wheels/tyres were fitted. All the tyre pressures were different and all were well over 36psi!

Dodgy gits.