Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Thinking of buying a Willy

Alright guys, long time fan of the Williams and possibly looking to downsize a bit from my Mk1 Focus RS. Just wanted to hear what you guys had to say, obviously you all love them but what are they like practically and for reliability? I'm looking to spend about £3k and want a decent motor that isn't going to be a lot of trouble looking after apart from the general stuff. The Focus is a bit of a beast and im not looking for something to compare performance wise but still something shifty like the Williams. I love the the style of it, inside and out and the gold wheels are inspired!

Any opinions and advice all welcomed! Cheers all

Andy

Welcome mate

Best person to speak to on here is PaulAcko, he's got a Focus RS and a hybrid clio

Re: Thinking of buying a Willy

Quote Originally Posted by doddy182
    want a decent motor that isn't going to be a lot of trouble looking after apart from the general stuff.
    Generally, they need a bit more care than modern cars. But not much of a problem if you are a fairly competent mechanic (or can get a good one). Anything else that requires specialty knowledge; this site should be your first port of call.

Forum User
    Nice one guys. I've read all the buying guides on here and will hopefully invest soon. Only thing that i'd change on the willy would be the dashboard and some of the interior, looks a bit drab really. Anyone ever done that on here and stuck in something newer from a 172/182 for example?

Nah keep it original imo

Have a look in sales section, Matty has a superb Williams 2 for sale, may be worth spending a bit more than 3k and getting a mint one...

Foxy has a mk2 dash in his valver/track car. I think you'll have a job fitting it tbh and you'll lose oil temp, pressure and cold readings.

Nothing against Jord either, but, the mk2 dash does look a little pants in it tbh.

Your get a 'decent' one for 3k imo.

Let me no if u do buy one tho and do rip the dash out...i do NOT want to see the pics of of a phase 2 dash in a williams lol

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by doddy182
    Nice one guys. I've read all the buying guides on here and will hopefully invest soon. Only thing that i'd change on the willy would be the dashboard and some of the interior, looks a bit drab really. Anyone ever done that on here and stuck in something newer from a 172/182 for example?
    all part of the cars character and dumping a different dash in is obviously a matter of taste but all it will do is devalue the car we have all seen the comments on std and non std but these cars are fast becoming a rarity and a classic guess you can tell which point of view i have :D