Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coolant temp

Coolant temp

Right a little prob with the williams. It's been off the road for a few months, first day out in it today and I have noticed the coolant temp won't rise, it's like it's running "cold" lol. Any ideas? It seems to creep up when sat at idle, just when I'm driving it won't budge! Poss thermostat? Everything else seems to be ok

I expect a tiny sensor cos of the freezing conditions...only a few quid for them...get on to mat brown

My williams wouldnt start the other day due to a flat battery, chatged it up and left it running, took over 1/2 hour for the fan to kick, whilst driving the ambient temp mean the temp gauge rarely made it to what i would define as normal

Do you need to know what the coolant temperature is in winter? I would have thought as long as the coolant flows (ie: not frozen solid) would suffice.

Not really purple, I just like everything to work as it should, I'm a bit fussy like that! lol

Thanks guys, I suppose it could just be the stupidly cold weather we have been experiencing lately, I'll leave it for now and see if it bounces back into life when the weather warms up a bit...

I know what you mean. You are talking to a guy who put marked up masking tapes on the dial when a friend of mine baby-sat my clio when I was away for several weeks

Yeah, definitely check the dials are pointed correctly when the weather's warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    I know what you mean. You are talking to a guy who put marked up masking tapes on the dial when a friend of mine baby-sat my clio when I was away for several weeks

Dont blame u in the slightest

Coolant

I just had this problem with mine. coolant temp sensor i changed first and found out it wasnt actually that so changed to stat £10 ish from my local motor factors. which i found was constantly open resulting in it constantly cooling the engine. Runs up to temperature fine now just got to change my Heater Matrix to get some heat into the cabin hope this helps

Why did you need to change the heater matrix mate? Mine blows hot air into the cabin (when it gets up to temperature at idle) so don't think it's this as it would just blow cold/luke warm air at any temperature? Have I got that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    Why did you need to change the heater matrix mate? Mine blows hot air into the cabin (when it gets up to temperature at idle) so don't think it's this as it would just blow cold/luke warm air at any temperature? Have I got that right?
    You dont need to change ur matrix tommo