Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you rate the Williams Clio?

Hi all.

In terms of, ownership, power, realibilty, parts and overall enjoy how would you rate the Williams clio?

Im a long time 205 Gti man and only buy very good examples but ive been hankering after a Williams for a long time. Its a once a month car and something to clean.

Just trying to gauge some general feedback across the ownership board.

Ryan.

I'd say it'll be a similar experience to the pugs tbh, will have similar issues mechanically & aesthetically, will be just as much fun (maybe more??) to drive

since you're already familiar wth older french, bean can,hot hatches :P I doubt many things on a williams will come as a surprise to you

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    I'd say it'll be a similar experience to the pugs tbh, will have similar issues mechanically & aesthetically, will be just as much fun (maybe more??) to drive

since you're already familiar wth older french, bean can,hot hatches :P I doubt many things on a williams will come as a surprise to you
    I have been thinking that myself however im one of these people thats gotta learn as much about a thing prior to buying lol.. The Gti was a fun car but for any decent power figures you gotta go Mi16v and thats something that no longer interests me. In modern day terms how what you rate the performance of the williams? Ive never driven one but i have driven a 1.8 16v Clio and i was impressed with the performance but even more impressive was the dam grunt that came off the thing and the suck of induction through that scoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_b
    Ive never driven one but i have driven a 1.8 16v Clio and i was impressed with the performance but even more impressive was the dam grunt that came off the thing and the suck of induction through that scoop!!
    Its pretty much the same, but a little bit better.

Well if you've driven the valver, even better

The big difference betwen the valver & willy is the power delivery, you've got to rev the tits off the 1.8 to keep it on the boil as the peak power is higher up the rev range than it is on the willy.

The williams also have a wider track at the front (& some say at the rear as well ) different shocks & springs and are lighter than the 1.8 having no sunroof and less speakers.
    The seats in the williams are very comfy & hold you in really well when chucking it about.

Are you looking at getting a 1, 2 or 3? There are subtle differences between them. The 2's & 3's have different wing mirrors, front grille, side indicators, heater controls & more speakers than the 1's.
    Only the 1's have a plaque on the dash
    Some 2's have a sunroof as it was an optional extra
    The 3's have a sunroof & ABS as standard and they're a different colour blue

i've owned a williams 1, a clio 1.8 16v and a clio 1.8 16v turbo

all of them are brilliant cars, but then i would say that wouldn't i

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    Well if you've driven the valver, even better

The big difference betwen the valver & willy is the power delivery, you've got to rev the tits off the 1.8 to keep it on the boil as the peak power is higher up the rev range than it is on the willy.

The williams also have a wider track at the front (& some say at the rear as well ) different shocks & springs and are lighter than the 1.8 having no sunroof and less speakers.
    The seats in the williams are very comfy & hold you in really well when chucking it about.

Are you looking at getting a 1, 2 or 3? There are subtle differences between them. The 2's & 3's have different wing mirrors, front grille, side indicators, heater controls & more speakers than the 1's.
    Only the 1's have a plaque on the dash
    Some 2's have a sunroof as it was an optional extra
    The 3's have a sunroof & ABS as standard and they're a different colour blue
    I will be trying to find ethier a 1 or a 2 model. It really depends what is available at the time of looking. However i wont just be jumping into the first one ebay fires up lol.. I dont mind spending the money as long as i get the quality. Ive been keeping an eye on the usual sites for them and i reckon around 3500 should get me what i want, What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Coops

WH

Hopefully i find one like yours lol..

What modifactions have you done to your williams if any buddy??

I assume exhaust, induction are a good route for starters?

Simply amazing, apart from those little issues.

The drive, the noise, the looks you get. It looks so unique IMO.

Look for rust!!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_b
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops

WH

Hopefully i find one like yours lol..

What modifactions have you done to your williams if any buddy??
    He killed his williams so his input isn't valid :P