Alternator...........Again

Fixed my alternator on friday and last night it started making a rattling noise from the alternator area but it was too dark to have a look, ive come out this morning and my car struggled to start and the rattling noise seems worse, i thought it sounded like the fan on the top of the alternator tbh but when searched on here cliokiz had a problem like this but not sure what the problem was or what he did to fix, any ideas??

Did the belt come loose causing the rattling noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    Did the belt come loose causing the rattling noise?
    no the belt still looks tight, ive seen a post on here where it was the alternator making like a broken bearing noise and it sounds like the same, its only 3 days old so it shouldnt be doin that, its just annoying that i have to do it all over again

Can I just ask...it is like a noise of a ball bearing bouncing about intermittently at the front of the car? I have this sound and I reckon it could be alternator...plus a whirring noise...its not cambelt too tight or aux belt so either alt or water pump...not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    Can I just ask...it is like a noise of a ball bearing bouncing about intermittently at the front of the car? I have this sound and I reckon it could be alternator...plus a whirring noise...its not cambelt too tight or aux belt so either alt or water pump...not sure...
    ive sorted it, basically the new alternator did not come with a spring loaded washer to sit between the fan and the pulley so it was rubbing at first then knocked it loose, took it all off and put new washer on and its fine now!

power steering pump wobbs?

Quote Originally Posted by flash

power steering pump wobbs?
    It could be aye, it was drained recently. Bloody annoying, going to try another alternator tomorrow and check belts yet again...

me and will had this problem.. would whack the belt on.. and as soon as you fired it up.. it kept bloody jumping a tooth !
    something elsewhere on the bottom is out of line me thinks
    yeah the whirring noise sounds alot like a power steering pump.. check fluid ?
    whack some in.. and whack it from lock to lock and keep going till its all full and the fluid doesnt go down any more..
    should shut the thing up