Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

Any interest in 190 bhp Hybrid Complete/Bits?

Owned my N Reg Valver since January 2001 and thinking now may be the time to get rid, despite preferring the shape of the 16v Williams to later Cliosports it has come to the stage where I either spend £1100 plus VAT getting rusty wheel arches and full respray done bar the roof or sell and put the money I would have spent on the car plus parts money towards something a bit newer.

Think my car is in the Garage section and can obviously take photos but basically is as follows:

N Reg Clio 1.8 16v:

APD Big valve engine conversion 3 years ago using Meagne F7R valves and bottom end on a fully worked 1.8 head. Kent Billet cams and Cat Cams pulleys. New Water pump, clutch and cambelt/tensioners when fitted. Always ran on Super Unleaded and Silkolene Pro S oil changed every 6k.

ECU remapped by Chipwizards with RR graph to prove resulting in 190.2 bhp. Cams were timed to not be lumpy on idle, so perhaps more could be got out of the engine if the cams were timed more for power than drivability.

Gearbox is the standard 16v unit and has never given me a problem.

FK Automotive Highsport Coilovers. One of the best mods I did to the car before going 2 litre. Set up at Northampton Motorsport on their Hunter digital alignment rig with it set up slightly different between front left and front right to allow for weight of driver.

Wilwood 4 pot calipers up front and Red Dot 20 groove disks. New set of Forodo replacement pads but was wrongly advised the Wilwood Poly pads were low at MOT time so plenty of life in pads on car and a new set of replacements. New rear calipers and brake bias valve. New Mintex rear pads. Goodridge hoses.

Hillpower strut brace.

Custom BMC CDA Induction kit with SFS silicone hose going into custom made metal throttle body adaptor. Piping and inlet for fitment for cold air feed to front of car components not yet fitted.

16" OZ Ultraleggera wheels in Grey with 195/45/16 Pilot Exalto 2's.

Leather Interior. Leather steering wheel.

Car came with Magnex exhaust fitted when I bought it and this may need welding as was blowing before MOT and they may have cured with putty. I got the matching Magnex decat but this is currently off the car due to recent MOT and also needs welding. Supersprint stainless manifold also.

Pratically everything on the car has been replaced or upgraded as and when old parts have worn out. So Powerflex bushes, new wishbones fitted rather than ball joints when needed replacing, bearing replaced and spare set of front bearings. ARB bushes replaced recently, Scuttle Panel painted, new side strips, new rear wiper arm, coolant bottle and cap, Coops solid dogbone mount, list goes on.......

Battery warning light came on yesterday and getting a brand new 110 amp alternator fitted on Wednesday to get the car back on the road.

Not sure if breaking the car wil get me more money than selling as complete. Like I say I would have to spend £1100 plus to get the car looking great. This is with brand new replacement rear arches I have had for a while and great condition smoothed doors that are also delocked. Car needs a respray due to current doors cracking where filled for delocking last time, car park dents on doors, stone chips on bonnet and front bumper and small amount of rust on tailgate.

So if anyone is after a good Hybrid that really only needs bodywork sorting or any of the parts from the car for their own please let me know.

I have not listed parts and prices because at this stage I am really only gauging if there is enough of a need for any of the parts as probably the car is worth more to me due to 8 years of ownership than what someone would offer for it complete. Some of these parts are unique and can no longer be purchased.

ICE will be removed but Auto Acoustics Stealh Shelf, false floor and 6.5 inch door mounted speakers were fitted and these may be of use to someone.

Location: Tamworth. If anyone wants pics of anyting or more info please ask.

ill take coilovers if u break!

bash some pics up, i could well ne interested in some bits!

I'm sure you could get the arches and respray for less than £1100...
    Having said that, if you do decide to break, could you pm me a figure for the engine please?

Forum User
    has this car been broken yet? whats happening with the engine?

Forum User
    Not broken yet as it is my only transportation and only just changed the alternator which bust at weekend.

Will post pics up but if there is enough interest I will move onto a 182 with money from parts plus what I would have spent making the bodywork mint.

pics!!!!

Forum User
    Will do this weekend. Been raining all week !!!

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply about the engine. Sounds like a goodun, but have too much n my plate at the moment. Hope it finds a good home!

is this 432 btw? if so bonnet?!