Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Engine Conversion

Hey guys,

I'v just got my hands on a 16v RSi engine and was considereing putting it in a standard r5 campus.. has any one on here done this befor ? And is it fairly straight forward or a right b**ch ?

Im prob gona have a go at it anyway but just thought I'd ask because any pointers or where I can get some info on it would be much appreciated ?

Thanks..

Josh

Forum User
    Yes ive put a f3p engine into a r5 gtt ......handy if you can lay your hand on "gtx" parts ie ,front engine mount,alternator carrier, engine bay wiring harness etc, youll be surprised how easy things go in and the room youll have. Incase you ask ,its turboed.

its on "cars for sale" on the forum

Forum User
    You say 16v rsi......i thought they were 8v?.......unless youve got the f7p 16v engine...

regards col

I was under the impression that the 16v was an RSi still?? Is that not right col? I already hav an 8v RSi but hav bought a 16v engine to put in a r5 (RSi or not, its out a mk1 clio!)

There is a 8v and 16v 1.8. The 16v 1.8 is from the widebodied 'valver', the 8v is the RSi version. I belive the 1.8 8v was used in the Bacarra luxury spec clio as well.

Forum User
    Well i reckon youve either got a 1764cc f7p 16v.......or a williams whats it say on the engine plate by fly wheel........or is their anything stamped into block? .

Did you look at my car on the forum Josh? anything similar.

He has a 16v engine. This came from the clio 16v or the renault 19 16v. Yes it will fit into a renault 5 shell. Winston has a williams engine in a renault 5.

Forum User
    As always Wobba your a mind of information

Forum User
    If it is RB,ive a copy of a install done by a guy on the r5 club

Cool, any help would be good tar. I'l lok for the code on the engine, not sure atm, because im at work, prity sure its not the williams 1.8 16v. I got it of a mate who was orrigionally gona put it in his 1.4 Rt.

Yeh col, i took a look at your r5, its looks sweet mate, proper nice, bet it goes like a rocket dont it? I might have considered buying it but really not got the money atm. It still for sale?

Yeh i knew Winston has one, I already talked to him on the 16valver forum about it. I joined this forum only the other week to buy an exhaust of a member, so just thought I'd put the same question to you all see what help I could get?