Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mintex 1144 Pads in Wilwood Calipers?

Ive been trying to find a decent road pad for my Wilwood Superlites as i want to be able to stop well with cold brakes.

In my standard calipers i have the mitex 1144 pads and have found these to be quite good. I seem to remember stan liking these too, and others (swervin mervin?).

Anyway, i phoned rally design to get information on pad choice and they recommended that i use mintexx 1144's in the wilwood calipers. Now i didnt even know these were available for this caliper.

Has anyone else fitted them? I know others also find the wilwood pads difficult to warm up. I will report back as to how this works. They arnt cheap at 90 quid a set, but i thought it was worth a try.

I currently have Poly D's and they are quite badly glazed. I have tried to deglaze them but i think they are too far gone. I get no bite whatsoever from these. This is partly a characteristic of the pedal box i have (brakes can feel slightly 'wooden') and partly age related decline of the pads.

Before anyone starts im not a fan of 4 pots but they came with the car. I will swap between standard calipers and 4 pots depending on what i use the car for. For road and sprints i will use standard calipers as they are good from cold and heat wont be an issue, but i want to get the 4 pots working in case i go to the ring or on track at some point.

So anyway, has anyone fitted the mintex pads to wilwood calipers?

I use m1144's on standard calipers... swear by them, awesome pads.

Shame they don't do the "mintex extreme" pads anymore because these were the 1144 compound but with anti squeel shims (quite necessary on the 1144 compound). Never tried them in th wilwoods although I imagine they'd be much better than the crap poly * pads.

SO you think the poly pads are shite too? They seem to glaze over if you jusy look at them. Ive deglazed mine many times. Everytime i take them off they are glazed.

Has anyone tried ferodo pads on the rear? They are on offer in Halfords and i need some more.

J o n
    I have 1144's on standard calipers too Matt, there pretty good and you can put some heat through them before they fade.

Never used Ferrodo's on the rear, plus which ones, DS series?

Quote Originally Posted by summeh

Shame they don't do the "mintex extreme" pads anymore because these were the 1144 compound but with anti squeel shims (quite necessary on the 1144 compound). Never tried them in th wilwoods although I imagine they'd be much better than the crap poly * pads.
    Best pads I've had so far. My DS2500's are not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba

didn't you take the 1144's off after about 5miles because you didn't like your car sounding like a shopping trolley?

didn't you take the 1144's off after about 5miles because you didn't like your car sounding like a shopping trolley?
    make sure you put them back on for brands..

make sure you put them back on for brands..
    I don't have them any more :(

The DS2500's are fine when they get to temperature and lately they've not been giving out half as much brake dust as they used to.

The Mintex just had a more satisfying initial bite to them hot or cold.

Stay well clear of the Willwood Poly pads.....
    As you say - they can glaze and do not brake well from cold.

Personally i have very good experience with Performance Friction 01 pads.
    Brake very well from cold and just keeps getting better as they heat up.
    I use these in my Willwoods.
    They tend to eat the discs - but as discs are cheaper than pads.... well SFW! :D
    I would say one set of pads eats to sets of dicss wit agressive track driving!

Michael