Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The crunch has got hold of me

I'm in the unfortunate position that my valver may have to go and I wont be able to get a better car as it's looking like my job could be going down the shitter

What makes it worse is that it's **** all to do with the so called "credit crunch" it's down to a bunch of useless geordie wankers at the Security Industry Authority who have decided to refuse my security licence renewal, meaning that after June if I carry on working at my job I'll be criminally prosecuted for working without a licence

I suppose it's lucky I haven't already got another car or I'd be royally ****ed
    I'm now faced with the prospect of having to find a job with almost no experience. Never been worried about getting sacked or ote like that as I'd be able to walk straight into another security/doorman job, but without the licence to work I'm a bit stuck

So to help me weather the shitness about to drop on me my valver has to go, along with the F7R lump and a civic coupe (once it's fixed) that way I can clear my debts & have a few grand left to see me through

sorry to hear this matey, i hope you get sorted out. theres always a positive side to things, you just need to find it, i hope you manage to get yourself sorted so you don't have to flog the car :(

was selling my valver anyway to get something better, so it's boiling down to the need for hard cash as that's what'll keep my head above water and maybe to start buying & selling some cars or something else to earn a few quid

I may even have to drag this through the courts as thats how the appeals process works as well, but can't work while its going through

Thats shit.

Why wouldn't they renew your license?

Forum User
    As Smokey states, what the reasoning behind refusing to grant you your license?

But good luck in the mean time.

They wont tell me the reason over the phone or online so I'm waiting for a letter with the reason on it. So being the useless bunch of cunts they are I'll get the letter sometime in the next 6 weeks.

Thing is I've got absolutely no idea why they're considering to refuse it it's not refused yet, it just says that it's minded to refuse. My crb check is fine - nothing's changed from the last one and my qualification is still valid for another 3 years, so god knows whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    They wont tell me the reason over the phone or online so I'm waiting for a letter with the reason on it. So being the useless bunch of c**ts they are I'll get the letter sometime in the next 6 weeks.

Thing is I've got absolutely no idea why they're considering to refuse it it's not refused yet, it just says that it's minded to refuse. My crb check is fine - nothing's changed from the last one and my qualification is still valid for another 3 years, so god knows whats wrong
    It's probably some minor techinicality mate.

What I mean to say is it probably sortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    What I mean to say is it probably sortable.
    I'm hoping so but the trouble is I wont be allowed to work while it's being sorted

and to add insult, they said they've sent me a letter and I got 1 in the post this morning, it was a reminder that my licence expires soon along with an application form

Forum User
    Im gutted for you Paddy i hope everything clears for you mate.
    .......Move to OZ.......?