Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

10 years of Williams ownership coming to an end???

Well it certainly looks like it. Put my Williams 3 in for its MOT back in January and it failed on a few things, the most important being the dreaded rust. I knew there was a chance it would fail as the bottom of the near side rear arch is pretty bad but to be told there were areas underneath that needed sorting too was a bit of a shock as i'd never had any advisory on previous MOT's (all done at a different garage). The car has been put away in my garage since and i really need to make a decision as to what to do. It pains me to consider getting rid but i cant really justify the cost of repairs. I also dont have the time/space/tools to consider breaking so guess the only option is to sell the car as it is and let someone else either restore or break it themselves. How much is it worth though? Over the years ive had fitted the Avo adjustable Road Sport suspension kit, Powerflex Polyurethane bushes, a Superchip, Magnex stainless steel exhaust system and a Hill Power induction kit.
    Comments, suggestions, advice and offers all welcome!

J o n
    might be worth a second opinion, I'd get it to a garage and up on ramps so you can judge yourself how bad it is. You'll be better equipped to make a decision as I still regret selling mine in a way even though it cost me a fortune

Reshelling is the easiest option if you want to keep it.

J o n
    Andy GDI has a shell he wants rid of iirc. might be worth contacting him via Clio Sport. He's away at the moment, but will still get PM's on there

Forum User
    but re-shelling is still a major job and not viable to pay a garage to do really.

as for what its worth..not breaking it your self 400/500 for willys on ebay at the moment without m.o.t's.

any pics of the bad area's please..

I panicked when they said rust was too close too suspension on the rear.

I was imagining having to get a complete sill and having it all sorted for about £400.

I had it sorted for £30. You can't see the welding either, though first rust signs are there.

underbody rust is not such an issue, weld up is cheap when it doesnt have to be pretty

Sorry to hear mate

To be honest am getting to the point where i don't know if i can justify keeping it anymore.

Forum User
    Off side sill & wing. Wing is actually surprisingly solid despite how it looks!Near side is nowhere near as bad. Havent any pics of underneath yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    yeah looks quite ruff...mate..

what have you been quoted repair wise..

500 a side..or more using geniune renault panels..