Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: piper cams

piper cams

has anyone used these? they seem quite reasonably priced too

im using piper 270's, have ran them for around 45k now and have been faultless :D ive been very happy with them so have just upgraded to a set of 285's. most people will tell you that a set of cat cam 225's are alot better but belive me they are more less the same. 225's provide a little extra midrange punch where as the 270's pull more topend. i have tested this lots of times against 225 users and its the same result every time :D

Forum User
    Nothing wrong with Piper cams in an F7. Cat offer a better range of profiles for different uses and are also very good. Whatever you choose, the mapping to go with it will be the big difference

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jay s
    im using piper 270's, have ran them for around 45k now and have been faultless :D ive been very happy with them so have just upgraded to a set of 285's. most people will tell you that a set of cat cam 225's are alot better but belive me they are more less the same. 225's provide a little extra midrange punch where as the 270's pull more topend. i have tested this lots of times against 225 users and its the same result every time :D

LOL tested it vs me and u diddnt pull on me topend..

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AdamB

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 is very good in my books!

lol by 120 i was a good cars length in front on both occasions and it stayed that way till the limiter we had the same amount of fuel as we both put a tenner in, yes you had a paasanger but your car weighs a good 60kg lighter and yours missis does'nt look that big so id say evens and i had my 16's on which slows topend performance ( but look good :D ) but dont worry ive tessted against other users aswell and its the same result

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AdamB

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 is very good in my books!

lol by 120 i was a good cars length in front on both occasions and it stayed that way till the limiter we had the same amount of fuel as we both put a tenner in, yes you had a paasanger but your car weighs a good 60kg lighter and yours missis does'nt look that big so id say evens and i had my 16's on which slows topend performance ( but look good :D ) but dont worry ive tessted against other users aswell and its the same result
    funny thing is i know ure chatting shit shame no one else was there to actually see it!

I Have piper 270s and they seem fine to me.

we can always try again, im quite happy to refresh your memory and bring a cam this time so you won't forget

Forum User
    was going to say the same thing.. ....13.9 one off boy

we love it tho really... well i do anyway.

i'll have you know i ran 3 consistant 13.9's thank you unlike you who ran 1 very lucky 13.7 ( timing machine was ****ed so i heard ) also using semi slicks

but yeah love it too lol, so name a date and i'll be ready as always ( should really try come brands mate, i'll teach you how to drive aswell )