Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AST solid strut top mounts

right, writing this for the second time as my internet connection had a fit the first time

For anyone who wants information on the AST strut top mounts as fitted to my car.....

they are made by AST and distributed by Powerstation

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/

the contact at Powerstation is Curtis who is a really nice guy to deal with, however, he is a mechanic with a phone, not a sales advisor. so if he doesnt answer the phone or takes more than a few minutes to answer your email just bear with him.

right the top mounts themselves:

here are a few pics of them fitted, and dis-assembled (sp?)

as you can see the strut top is off centre to allow for camber adjustment, this is done by turning the strut top until the desired angle is found

They require no drilling of the strut tower and can easily be removed and returned to standard if necessary

one thing you will need to note is that they may require machining to fit depending on what suspension you are using. I use FK coilovers and had to have them machnined to suit, it all depends on the design of the strut insert. Powerstation can and will machine them as part of the purchase price, you just need to tell them what suspension make and model it is to suit.

I think that is everything

Keep your eye on cliosport as there may well be another group buy happening soon

enjoy :D

You forgot price :D

Can you set them to be standard camber?

Would they need anything to set them up for AVO's?

i didnt quote price as i got them on a group by and didnt want people getting the wrong figure into their head

but on the group buy they were £125.35 exactly

as far as i know (without the use of any gauging equipment) they can be set to standard camber (i cant tell on mine as my FK's have a natural bit of camber on them anyway)

you would need to tell them they are to fit avo's in order for Curtis to work it if any machning needs doing

i also would advise have the suspension set up properly after fitting them to ensure both sides are the same, of course this is all up to you

other than camber adjustment what other benifits do they offer over the std mounts?

Forum User
    more secure location...

Is there risk of extra stress on the mounting points with those?

was going to get these for mine, would of looked so good in my bay :(

Quote Originally Posted by geesus
    i didnt quote price as i got them on a group by and didnt want people getting the wrong figure into their head

but on the group buy they were £125.35 exactly

as far as i know (without the use of any gauging equipment) they can be set to standard camber (i cant tell on mine as my FK's have a natural bit of camber on them anyway)

you would need to tell them they are to fit avo's in order for Curtis to work it if any machning needs doing

i also would advise have the suspension set up properly after fitting them to ensure both sides are the same, of course this is all up to you
    125.35 For the pair ??? how much normally ?

When the next group buy ?

look good, but id be worried if ur assembled pic shows the strut top nut done up tightly, dont seem many threads. seems like a weak point imo!

Quote Originally Posted by stew
    look good, but id be worried if ur assembled pic shows the strut top nut done up tightly, dont seem many threads. seems like a weak point imo!
    Id say it looks just slightly spun on