Cost of AVO refurb?

May have to refurb an AVO coilover front strut, not sure if they will honour the warranty.

The top mount adjuster has sheared completely off.

Forum User
    did u buy them brand new? have a look at the bottom on the coilover unit and theres a date stamped in, mine say 01/07 and they come with 2 year warrenty, i got both my front unit replaced for free! sent them back last month and told them there were leaking etc took a week to get them back which was quicker then i expected!!

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    did u buy them brand new? have a look at the bottom on the coilover unit and theres a date stamped in, mine say 01/07 and they come with 2 year warrenty, i got both my front unit replaced for free! sent them back last month and told them there were leaking etc took a week to get them back which was quicker then i expected!!
    Thanks, I believe they are under warranty.

They have emailed me back to send the bad one over and they will sort something out

They have never been used. To be honest, even forced to use to the lowest setting on damping on the fronts, and setting 6 on rear, it has made a very marked improvement. It's not soft, but there is quite a bit or roll from front but it grips like a bugger and has rid the car of several annoying habits like tramlining, bouncing about, crashiness and on/off oversteer and understeer. Most impressed!

Even in these shitty conditions, I am getting loads of grip from the front now. It's similar to standard, but less roll, and it looks mean still lowered

Forum User
    cool, i generally run mine about 3 turns on the front(think its about 4-5max) and about 10 clicks at rear, fairly bumpy on back roads tbh lol but on track its been great!