Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oil pressure is nice...

Today I changed gearbox oil (took an hour pouring it in as the hole is tiny!), changed engine oil and genuine renny filter, and changed the fuel filter.

Car wouldnt start at first as I had forgotten to take the fuel line clamp off (doh), but started np after that.

First thing I noticed changing from 5w 40 to 10w 40 was that my oil pressure has returned with a vengence! Back to 6 BAR on throttle applications, about 2.5-3 BAR on idle. Was at about 1.8 BAR cold on idle before all the way to 0 BAR when hot. Yay me!

Gear change is nice and smooth too. I just used 75w 90 in the end as I couldnt find any 75w 80, seems fine though

Had to beat the shit out of the old filter to get it off, some turd had tightened it too much! Lots of nice new scars on my arms from that :D

Noticed my nearside wheel tracking is out, can visually see it toe out too much, probably why its handling light shite so much in straight lines!

Anyway, thought I'd share my days work, now I'm off to get very drunk.

Wobba, signing out.

Good job. Pretty cold to be working on the car today! I managed to get my brakes pipes cut and flared though so am ready to do the bleeding tomorrow. Let's hope it's sunny and dry for all of us planning work!

Forum User
    good work!, i ended up having to take the front of my car apart to get the filter off, and i fitted the old one lol

I booked mine in as I don't have any gloves

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    good work!, i ended up having to take the front of my car apart to get the filter off, and i fitted the old one lol
    In the past when the filter has been hard fixed on for me, ive taken the battery off, and whacked a long screwdriver through the filter to get a purchase and budge, can then undo it with hands.

May sound like a bodge way but worked for me...obvioulsy careful not to wreck the threads..

Suppose it depends if your bothered about oil everywhere though..

Forum User
    i ended up stabbing it in order to get it off, none of my normal filter tools would do it lol got loads of filter tools for all the different engines we have at work but none could shift this small thing haha!

saying that, theres alot more space on a v16 twin turbo!

Forum User

Col

isnt it marvelous technology ..screwdriver, hammer, handgrenade!....

remote filter is the way forward,will save me a load of time when i need to change my oil

Had a hangover from hell today, but I still managed to clean the car for an impromptu mini-meet down in Southampton this evening.

Leighannes car couldnt come out to play, so we turned up and parked 4 Williams outside her house. She made us a cup of tea

I always take mine to a garage to get the oil changed really can't be arsed to fanny about struggling to get the filter off

Watchin a mechanic struggle to find it then get it off FTW. Make them earn the £10