Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

First night of 2.0 16v action ;)

Had a good 2 races on my first night out after picking the car up at 6ish and taking a long drive home i encounterd 2 very up for it cars 1 being a newish laguna which was an up for it grandad i guess with his fogs on etc (bye bye) slowed at a highish speed and let him scream past me and the other being a good comparison my mates new 106 gti!!!

Went out and met up with some mates and as i was takin one for a drive up the local dual to see what it was like in comparison withthe standard valver limp one of my other mates decided to jump in his 106 so i knew he was up for a little comparison....Haha played into my hands abit even though i didnt really expect there to be a whole lot in it for various reasons!!!

Set off me first and i was ever so slightly pullin on him again upto a highish speed-Had another go same again................I then let him go in front but wasnt able to pass him but then he does fly off roundabouts alot faster than me (maybe summin to do with his standard 15's and my 17's but anyhow there off soon)............He seemed pretty pleased but am i right by saying the 106's are to a similar kind of pace to a 2.0 valvers anyway?

My mate said he was takin it to the red in every gear but then i was changing just after 6k and not caining the hell out of the gearbox so i was pretty impressed with the outcome myself.....Any thoughts?

Sounds about right with 17's on. Get some 15's on there and it becomes a whole different car. Get williams track and it'll be the same sort of difference as the 2.0 v the 1.8. Handles SOOOOOOOO much better with williams track and allows you to corner much faster as the cars so much more stable.

A 2.0 valver should beat a 106 gti tbh.....oh and take it to the limiter!!

Forum User
    Will be takin it to the limiter with alot faster gearchanges next time Martin but as said im easin it in at the mo and HP the 17's are coming off very soon!!!

Am i right by saying the 2.0 engines hit the limiter at 6.5k or is it 6.8k?

Already lovin it, it seems to have sooo much more than the 1.8 even without pushing it to its limits!!!

6.5k limiter but some cars seems to go up towards 6.7/6.8k stnd....what 15s you goin for? You not fancy testing out the new engine at rtoc@POd??

Forum User
    Im after some 16 inch turinis Mart!!!

I do fancy the r-toc day but i really want the new rims before i put it to the test!!!

When is it again?

16th/17th July get some turbines or summut!

Forum User
    Thought limiter was 6.4k? HP chip raises it to 6.9k iirc. Get those 15's on! You'll be shocked mate

Wait till you get used to it and 15"....loads more fun to have :P

Enjoy

Forum User
    Yeah really looking forward to the smaller wheels!!!

Was think turinis for looks aswell as performance but white turbines on the black seem to be appealing aswell!!!