Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Coolant change the proper way...

How? lol

Everytime I do it theres always some of the old stuff in the system when I could swear I got it all out!

I've got nice lovely type d to go in and I don't want it mixing with any remains in the system.

I don't need to flush it as the rads new theres no shit in the system I just need to get all fluid out before the new stuff goes in!

Forum User
    dunno how you get it all out, i'd just disconnect both rad hoses and give it a good flush with the hose

Could you warm the car up so the thermostat is wide open, get a hosepipe, disconnect both input and output pipes to the coolant tank, then stick the hosepipe in one of them and run it till it comes out of the other one clear?

I'd drop the coolant out of the rad first though and perhaps flush that separately as if the thermostat closes when you run cold water through it it won't actually get in there from the header tank feeds... lol

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    Could you warm the car up so the thermostat is wide open, get a hosepipe, disconnect both input and output pipes to the coolant tank, then stick the hosepipe in one of them and run it till it comes out of the other one clear?

I'd drop the coolant out of the rad first though and perhaps flush that separately as if the thermostat closes when you run cold water through it it won't actually get in there from the header tank feeds... lol
    Thats exactly how I did and job done or so I thought but after a few days the old blue came from nowhere and mixed with the new temp pink to create some new found colour

What does pink, green and blue make?

Forum User
    I would do a proper flush by disconnecting both rad hoses. and taking the rad out.
    The lower rad hose can be a bit of a pain - but removing bonnet / bumper does give way to a number of routes to undo.

Flushing the system in a number of direction (i.e do not only use the header tank as the inlet) always works well in dislodging 'dirt'. Would also let the flushing process to occur for as long as possible and check to see if the flushed water exiting is 'clean'.
    Learnt this from the good/bad* man Mr Barrington himself (*delete as appropriate )

Generally speaking, if its a proper flush you are wanting...
    Remove Rad and both major hoses and flush for as long and in as many different directions as possible.

Forum User
    glad my turbo engine is still virgin gunna treat it with the tyre d i bought, its gunna stay green forever :D

Forum User
    f-ing edit

tyre d?

type d!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin..
    glad my turbo engine is still virgin gunna treat it with the tyre d i bought, its gunna stay green forever :D
    I know - I want to meet the git who cheaped out on the f7r!

Forum User
    rebuild, its the only way

which reminds me, i havent flushed my ****ing heater matrix SHIT

better do that else it'll be all shit

It'll never start anyway