Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Project 12 Speedlines in pics

I bought my car 3 years ago with kerbed wheels.

In that year I could not refurb them, because I was low on money. Next year I bought a spare Williams wheel set from Oszy, but these wheels were painted with Volvo-gold… so the colour match was not perfect, besides this, the rims were painted, too (I was glad to buy them, because Willi wheels are really rare in Hungary). In that year I could not refurbish my alloys, again… (money worries and to tell the truth I would have regret to sand these ones). But I found genuine painted alloy set (with absolutely perfect, non kerbed rims) for sale. So I swap my wheels for these (+ I got 4 new centre caps). However… the paint was in good condition… only at the first sight… so a respray was needed. They were resprayed last year, but the painter was a colourblind… he mixed an ugly yellow instead of gold colour (I didn’t pay the whole cost, because I was not satisfied with the paint neither). Naturally I was low on money again, but at least I had 4 kerbed wheels on the car and 4 ugly yellow wheels on the top of my cupboard :D

I was fed up with all the painters then because an another painter had resprayed my car 2 months previously and his work was not perfect… whereas it was very expensive.
    I began to make the next round in this May. I decided to refurbish my 8 Williams alloys with Alloy Clinic at Budapest (it’s one of the best in Hungary) and to paint them at that paint workshop what is suggested by the Hungarian exclusive distributor of Sikkens/Akzo Nobel. But before the procedure, I had to get spare wheels for my Williams. I friend of mine gave 4 wheels (16V Ph2 alloys)… so the name of the project comes from it: Project 12 Speedlines.
    Alloy Clinic balanced all wheels and sanded and turned the kerbed ones (the painter at the Akzo Nobel suggested workhsop said, that it’s no need to sand the last year painted ones.)
    The wheels in my garage after Alloy Clinic "visit":

So, after the wheels had been balanced/sanded/turned by the Alloy Clinic I went to the painter. Then he said he had lot to do and he was sure he could not paint them before WSR, (July 5-6 at Hungaroring). He suggested an other painter near to my home. But this newer painter used to spray with Standox. He said, he could not mix the proper colour. He used that paint what was mixed by a little Akzo paintshop. Naturally the colour code was R9312:

Finally my alloys have been painted (but only the 4 „original” ones, because I was low on money, again… :D ) and my car was exhibited on Hungaroring:

And the wheels on the car (after the WSR, before carwash):

Forum User
    Stunning Car

Pictures dont work for me. :(

can you rehost the images? they're painfully slow to load :(

same here, not loading!!

sorry, I try to rehost, hope it will work.

Is it faster? Can you download them?

****ing mint car!! I wish I had one like this. How much do you want for it? I might be interested in the autumn, as you can see I am from Slovenia, so this is a serious offer. How much then?

Now we know why Willy wheels are so rare

Forum User
    Friggin hell that car is BEAUTIFUL!