Thread: Repair Panels

Repair Panels

Right how easy or hard is it for a PROFESSIONAL to make lower spec repair panels to fit a williams?

I do not need full rear panels theres never been anything wrong with anything other that the tiniest tip of the lip - It would be a waste of time and money if its even still possible to get them to spend ages chopping and fitting new rear quarters..

That would easily and more cover the places where I have issues, I'd like to know if anyone nearish to me has had archwork done that is actually of a good condition.

Bump, keen too!

yeah but i had a mate do it.

painted it myself.

i used a none williams/16v arch and just cut out the rust of original, and then welded in a part of the new arch. not a brilliant job, but was only for the track car so wasnt all that bothred. still no rust, 18 months later, but will be done properly soon.

Forum User
    the body shop that did mine did an excellent job of just welding in the material that was required as opposed to a full arch - those who saw the car at FCS will testify how good it now looks - they are called L W Smart Repairs based in Alfreton, Derbyshire. Cheers.

i bought the repair panel from the lower spec and used it on my valver's o/s arch

this is how much i cut out

i think if i can do that with minimal tools and experience, a professional panel beater can use the repair panels to good effect. plus they are peanuts from beevers auto panels

Good work that man

I could never do that :( lol

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingfish
    the body shop that did mine did an excellent job of just welding in the material that was required as opposed to a full arch - those who saw the car at FCS will testify how good it now looks - they are called L W Smart Repairs based in Alfreton, Derbyshire. Cheers.
    They did an excellent job is an understatment yours is a proper tidy car, didnt even relise it had the arches done on it.