Smoke after a HG change.

As most of you know, I've had the car apart and HG changed etc . The car has an air leak and it idles at 2.4k revs...but thats a problem for next week. What I need advice on is: how long would it be likely for white smoke from the crap and fluids that got into the system be pumping out the exhaust for?

I've not run the engine much as I dont want to run it hard after taking the engine apart, and so when I run the engine its never for long due to the high revs problem, however I ran it for 5 mins today and their was a fair amount of white smoke from the exhaust still...

white smoke as in steam ???

no he means white/blue smoke,

it`ll be about a week or so if your not running very often i did the same on my 106xsi and it took just a week but had to drive to and from work as it was my everyday car. so im guessing if your running it that often it will take longer.

chances are mate, because of the weather, and how long its been stood, you have a fair amount of moisture in your exhaust system which will take a while to clear once you finally get it running

was gonna pm you actually, glad your sticking with it, be good to finally read a post in a week or so when you tell us all its done !

Ok thanks lads. I guessed it wasn't anything to worry about. It has been stood for ages now, but soon will be sorted. I've still got a pretty bad back so cant work on the car by myself (the bonnet has to be lifted off as its not bolted down and thats how I did my back the last time).

I will, of course, be updating my project thread in the near future...I hope.