Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heat

heat

i am propably going to emigrate to australia next year. with the cost of cars in oz being high, i might consider taking the old girl with me.

with temperatures reaching 37-40 being uncommon, what should i do to make the car cope with the extreme temperatures?

silicon hoses? copper rad? vented bonnet?

doesnt the 'water wetter' stuff keep your coolant even cooler? might an an addition... also a fan switch inside the car to keep ur fan on constantly - or at least whenever you wish.

i would of thought it would be fine ?
    u could add that water wetter stuff (or a drop of washing up liquid) in the rad

or a drop of washing up liquid? care to explain?

There was someone running one in Hong Kong, wasn't there?

He said it used to get to 40-odd degrees there so I imagine it will be fine

Probably worth fitting a low temperature thermostat and low temperature fan switch though, and you can try the old trick of turning the heater fans on in traffic to take the heat out of the engine a bit (but you do cook yourself lol)

If you did use the heater trick (or even if you didn't) it might be worth changing the heater matrix and rad for new items, and flushing the system fully so it's minty clean inside and has good flow with no blockages

i agree. i got a low temp thermo and switch i think for £40 from k-tec iirc. I always have these things on my car.

Nothing special is needed to acclimatise the Williams to the tropical heat. Just make sure the water cooling system is in tip top condition, that's all. Plus most cities in Australia only get really hot in Jan & Feb. Most other times, it's not that bad. Your major problem will be spares parts, as the mk1 clios were never distributed there. But there's always Matbrown International Rescue!

lol matbrown international rescue. I guess all the things we've suggested are optional. But a good flush/bleed is defo required before going over there. and regularly when ur over there. Also, did anyone decide whether crumbing a washing powder tablet in the day before you flush (driving it before obv) - actaully works? I did it, but insure of benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    Nothing special is needed to acclimatise the Williams to the tropical heat. Just make sure the water cooling system is in tip top condition, that's all. Plus most cities in Australia only get really hot in Jan & Feb. Most other times, it's not that bad. Your major problem will be spares parts, as the mk1 clios were never distributed there. But there's always Matbrown International Rescue!
    lol.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    i agree. i got a low temp thermo and switch i think for £40 from k-tec iirc. I always have these things on my car.
    mat brown sells these for 6-7 quid